x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Touchscreen and keymap

xeric.w Page Icon Posted 2008-08-10 12:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Via debootstrap, I've built a debian sarge with kernel 2.4.35.3 on Jornada 720. It works well under console mode. Then I installed xfree86 through apt-get.
Under xfree86,
problem a) Touchscreen fails. In the "input device" session of XF86Config-4, which device should I use as touchscreen, /dev/input/ts0 or something else? And where can I find the driver?
problem b)Keymap is wrong. XF86Config-4's default keyboard layout is "us", and when I press "q", it appears "f". I tried using xmodmap to define "keycode 33 = q", but this time when I press "q", it appears "o".

And I don't konw where I can find other X which can run under debian. xfree86 is all I can get from apt-get.

Please tell me how to solve these problems, or where I can get more information. Thanks!

ps:English is not my mother tongue, so I'm sorry if I made mistakes.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-08-10 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Elite

720degrees has been abandoned for well over a year or 2, the site and forums have been offline for ages, which presents a problem. The jornada cannot use debians xserver. It needs to use xserver-kdrive-fbdev. But with 720deg website down you will need to find somebody who still has the extra packages needed to 'finalize' the installation.

Or better yet, install jlime, or familiar, or any other jornada linux thats still actively available and updated because full blown debian arm is not optimized for the jornada and it is larger and much slower than the true embedded distros for jornada.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2008-08-10 11:07 PM
 Top of the page
xeric.w Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 11:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the advices!
I have given up working on debian,and I'm using familiar now. It works quite well.
 Top of the page
HellDragon Page Icon Posted 2008-08-13 11:38 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have the packages here, I can mirror them if you want
 Top of the page
HellDragon Page Icon Posted 2008-08-13 11:39 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I have the packages here, I can mirror them if you want

EDIT: oops double post

Edited by HellDragon 2008-08-13 11:42 AM