x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Does a Windows CE 1.0 PPC exist?

Jens Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 10:14 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I know - this question is quite out of topic, but I'm curious anyway, and I think people here might know the answer. I at least have never seen a CE 1.0-PPC.

Oh, and maybe soon I'll be posting according to the topic here - just bought an almost new A-11 with original packaging and accessoires for 15 EUR. Nice thing, I think.

Best regards
Jens
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 12:34 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Jens

Nope - the PPC (Palm Size PC) didn't come into existence until Windows CE 2.0 was released.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 2:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

John is right. The Palm-size PC was introduced shortly after the release of Windows CE 2.0 H/PCs. The OS version of the first widely-available Palm-size PCs was CE 2.01. (The first ones were originally called "Palm PCs" until Palm OS creator 3Com, Inc sued.)

For more details about this, see the "History of Windows CE" page (link is on the upper left corner of the homepage).

Edited by CE Geek 2008-08-11 2:35 PM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2008-08-29 6:21 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

the history could change ya know... lol
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2009-06-25 12:20 PM
#
H/PC Elite

CE Geek - 2008-08-11 7:31 PM

For more details about this, see the "History of Windows CE" page (link is on the upper left corner of the homepage).

Where is the 'History of Windows CE'? link at the corner of the homepage? It used to be there but suddenly it had disappeared. I've tried all link of the rows and columns, but I'm still not able to find it. I need it so I can copy a few images of CE screenshots.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-06-25 1:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There's a link on the Support & Tutorials main page. It's the first one under "Applications & Software" in the upper left-hand column. (I admit that I too liked when there was a more prominent link for it.)
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2009-07-01 3:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

stingraze - 2008-08-29 11:21 AM

the history could change ya know... lol
yeah, especially if some weird company released an CE 1.0 Palm PC, released in 2009? Hey, CE 1.0 was brought out late in 1996!
 Top of the page
bubzie5 Page Icon Posted 2009-07-09 11:02 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

oh boy Windows CE 1.0 where the good old days. I remember it from when i had my old mobile pro 200. 2MB of ram and a 40MHz proceesore. :]
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11