x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Rickard5 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 7:01 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I must Complain most vehemently about the Login Procedure here @ HPC FACTOR. This forum's stated Mission is to support Hand Held PCs, yet the login process Guarantees You are not going to post from your HPC! My New (to Me) 720 came yesterday about an hour after I left work and I retrieved it this morning ASAP, and off the local Coffee I went with 720 and laptop in toe, for a 3day camping weekend at our local internet Coffee House. after getting my WI-FI card working , my Hope was to share my Great Joy with the HPCFACTOR FIRST, and make my First forum Post from my 72 here. But the unusable verification system, Destroyed that idea. I must state for the record in the STRONGEST TERMS that the Verification system on top of the user id and password is not only unusable on the HPC Screen, burt is an idea worthy of Edsel! adding that verification system May not be, but is certainly nominated for the worst idea in the history of BAD internet ideas. Maybe next HPC I get I can make my first forum post from it to here?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 7:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I too don't care for the graphic verification thingie either, however I can understand the need for it. I just got through using my 900C for 6 weeks straight and was able to log on without any difficulty and make numerous posts using my Mobilepro. I think I used both IE and Opera...but prefered Opera since it would resize the screen making it less needful to scroll.

Rich
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 8:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, that should bring C:Amie back. (He hasn't logged on here for a week.)

I recall this discussion happening previously, and C:Amie acknowledging that it needs to be addressed. However, at the moment I can't locate the thread where it was discussed, so I'll have to leave it up to C:Amie to respond to this one.
Rickard5 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-15 9:04 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I hate to sound ungrateful, because this site has been a oasis of information in an otherwise Information desert! but I was quite hart broken that my 720 display could not display that graphic well enough that I could login to share my Joy with the community!
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2008-08-18 7:55 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2008-08-15 8:36 PM

Well, that should bring C:Amie back. (He hasn't logged on here for a week.)

I recall this discussion happening previously, and C:Amie acknowledging that it needs to be addressed. However, at the moment I can't locate the thread where it was discussed, so I'll have to leave it up to C:Amie to respond to this one.

I'm sure that C:Amie has a pretty good reason for not being around lately......... what would we do without the forums?
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yeah, he was with Uncle Ben harvesting apples!
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 6:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

- and cooking rice?
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 7:50 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yeah, that too ... busy preparing Aunt Bea's favorite Rice Pudding with raisins and nuts!
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I am glad you are back Uncle Ben!!!

Edited by Yoldering 2008-09-23 8:30 PM
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

the number thing isnt so bad, but i had those curvy captcha letters, I screw up that all the time, just be glad its not that
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-23 11:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Hurricane John - 2008-08-18 1:55 PM

I'm sure that C:Amie has a pretty good reason for not being around lately......... what would we do without the forums?

'course, set up another forum.

but to be more serious, I hope hpcfactor isn't going away anytime soon.
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-09-24 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yoldering - 2008-09-23 8:27 PM

I am glad you are back Uncle Ben!!!

Oh, Thanks Yolde Ring! Ring!
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 6:18 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I don't understand this complaint. I get through the verification system with no problems at all.

One more post till Elite!
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 12:17 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have no problems logging in on my 720, never have.
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 2:18 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

If I remember correctly, the decision to move to such a login process was after several months of continuous spamming. I made the same complaint a while back, and he suggested that I consider my feelings after fifty hours of straight work to save a forum..

I believe there is or was a mobile rendition of the forum in progress, not sure on how it is doing now. Regardless, the forum in its current form would not display on PIE anyway.

There was a mailing list once..
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10