x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Review: Ilium Software Keep Track 2.0

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-08-31 1:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thinking about tracking your finances on the move? Looking for a simple way to do it?

John Ottini has the answer in the form of the classic, yet still productive Keep Track 2.0. Keep Track makes it easy to store your ATM, debit, and credit card transactions, so you'll know exactly where your money is going and you'll never forget another purchase while out on the road with your Handheld PC.

Read the review and let us know what you think of Keep Track 2.0 here on the forums.

Ilium Software Keep Track 2.0
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2008-09-28 6:31 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Very nice review, fair and right to the point. I used KeepTrack for a while, this goes back a few years now, and I liked it a lot, primarily for its simplicity. Unfortunately simplicity comes at a cost, and I found that it was limited in functinality. I ended up with Cash Organizer 2000 which, IMHO, is unbeatable. Even 8 years after its introduction, there is no match for it still. Not only does it allow you to do everything that Keep Track does, but it also takes care of currency exchanges, track revenues and expenses by project, plan single or periodic transactions ahead of time, a prognosis window that shows you what your balance will be at a future date of your choice, a report function that allows you to drill down into your data and extract pretty much anything you want and export it to Excel. And the list goes on and on. Is it simple to use? Humm, there's a bit of a learning curve, because there is so much to it. But once you pass that threshold, yes, it's very easy to use and intuitive. Key entry is kept at the minimum, such that when you enter the first three letters of the vendor upon entering a credit card transaction, it will automatically offer you to complete the entry for you. It will also fill in the amount, which is another nice feature, especially for equal-billing utility bills.

Cheers!
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9