x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

$98 PC on way

1 2
ibelieveindevil Page Icon Posted 2008-09-07 12:39 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

it looks more like a umpc than a HPC, but that shouldnt be a concern to me at all.

4g eee is abt U$350 i guess? i am not very sure, but the price in my country(singapore) is much cheaper, its being sold around 250 USD and its with linux. my linux eee 701 is my standard pc which i bring out(i have a non smart phone with internet connection, a desktop PC for gaming, an eee, and a jornada 720 which i am very new to it)

well for me, the eee is capable in catching up with my school work, my projects, and my work perfectly. but if i use my jornada 720, i will need to have my phone to help me with internet since 720 does not come with a wifi. my desktop basically is the only one that is capable in gaming.

ok so now with the arrival of this new umpc, i would say that it is probably the same standard with sigmarion III, MP900C or Jornada 728, or probably slightly better. Its size, i assume, will be roughly the same as eee701. well with no doubt i will not buy one for my self since i have e and jornada, but i guess i would buy 2 set for both of my daughters, aged 8 and 9, provided it is available in my country(which i assume it have a better chance than in Europe or US.

I think, with no doubt, anyone would ask a question, is it reliable? its from china. but i dont mind spending USD 100 for my girl to get their own laptop at this age.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-09-07 12:56 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ibelieveindevil - 2008-09-07 5:39 PM

it looks more like a umpc than a HPC, but that shouldnt be a concern to me at all.

4g eee is abt U$350 i guess? i am not very sure, but the price in my country(singapore) is much cheaper, its being sold around 250 USD and its with linux. my linux eee 701 is my standard pc which i bring out(i have a non smart phone with internet connection, a desktop PC for gaming, an eee, and a jornada 720 which i am very new to it)

well for me, the eee is capable in catching up with my school work, my projects, and my work perfectly. but if i use my jornada 720, i will need to have my phone to help me with internet since 720 does not come with a wifi. my desktop basically is the only one that is capable in gaming.

ok so now with the arrival of this new umpc, i would say that it is probably the same standard with sigmarion III, MP900C or Jornada 728, or probably slightly better. Its size, i assume, will be roughly the same as eee701. well with no doubt i will not buy one for my self since i have e and jornada, but i guess i would buy 2 set for both of my daughters, aged 8 and 9, provided it is available in my country(which i assume it have a better chance than in Europe or US.

I think, with no doubt, anyone would ask a question, is it reliable? its from china. but i dont mind spending USD 100 for my girl to get their own laptop at this age.

IIRC they are a little smaller than an eee.
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-07 4:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

ibelieveindevil - 2008-09-07 9:39 AM
but if i use my jornada 720, i will need to have my phone to help me with internet since 720 does not come with a wifi.

If you have WiFi access, can't you just use a PCMCIA WiFi card in the 720?
ibelieveindevil Page Icon Posted 2008-09-07 8:44 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

because i am in singapore.
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 30