x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem's installing TCMCP 0.66

Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-09-12 9:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I've had problems installing TCMCP 0.66 on my Ericsson MC16 handheld pc via cab file install. My Ericsson MC16 has the service pack 1 installed (including the NSP). I just can't wait to watch video on my monochrome device!
When i open the sh3 cab file on my ericsson (saved to the compact flash) the setup suddenly stops when it reaches the 'writing information for remove programs' i wait a few minutes and it doesn't so anything. Can anyone help?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-12 1:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

TCPMP won't work in CE 2.0 - despite the fact that the installer file labels appear to suggest that. It only works in Windows CE 2.11 and higher.

Your only option is Wodeon, which is a bit buggy but works:

http://www.geocities.jp/omiokone/wodeon/indexE.htm
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-09-12 2:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I thought it did; on the review of TCMCP 0.66 it mentioned TCMCP was compiled for Windows CE 2.0. Strange. Anyway, i've tried Betaplayer 0.5 (the earliest download i could find) and it still couldn't work. Silly CE developers who don't even think about Version 2.0
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-12 4:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's not the developers so much as the OS version. CE 2.0 has very little native multimedia support. Note that there are also only two MP3 players for CE 2.0 (Xaudio and Utopiasoft's Hum), and they're rather buggy too. CE 2.0 is pretty much a bare-bones OS; most broader support was introduced with CE 2.11.

Edited by CE Geek 2008-09-12 4:42 PM
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-06 3:12 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ericsson didn't provide a rom upgrade to CE 2.0. The MC16 wasn't designed to.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8