x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Change language on WinCE

1 2 3 4
madmunky Page Icon Posted 2008-10-09 7:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I know this isnt a easy thing to do on a WinCE device as i means editing the Rom to make the change but is there any way to make it work without editing the rom and just lose the changes if the device is rebooted.

Or just want I would need to do to edit the rom, Im currently trying to get a version of Grab_It to dump the rom image from my PNA but as mine saves to \StoreageCard\ i need to recompile it.

Once I have the Rom Image what file/settings would i need to change to add the english language?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2008-10-10 2:55 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

madmunky - 2008-10-09 3:41 PM
Or just want I would need to do to edit the rom, Im currently trying to get a version of Grab_It to dump the rom image from my PNA but as mine saves to \StoreageCard\ i need to recompile it.
Once I have the Rom Image what file/settings would i need to change to add the english language?

Registry>HKLM/System/Storage Manager/Profiles.
There find your storage card and rename the folder to needed
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-10-10 9:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

1) forget grabit, why can't anyone forget it finally. it was made for NOR flash, which is an older type of flash, no pda or pna comes with that today.
2) if you just want english ui, get the MUI files from my site to make it english, no need to reflash. link: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm - scroll down to mui download (description: "mui english mui files for cenet 4.2 devices that are not in english ..." i recommend you just install the CAB file from the package, the rest is the same. - NOTE: if you need it for ce 5.0, let me know, as 4.2 is not fully compatible with that. we can make MUI for 5.0 too

Edited by cmonex 2008-10-10 9:40 PM
 Top of the page
madmunky Page Icon Posted 2008-10-11 4:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-10-10 9:38 PM

1) forget grabit, why can't anyone forget it finally. it was made for NOR flash, which is an older type of flash, no pda or pna comes with that today.
2) if you just want english ui, get the MUI files from my site to make it english, no need to reflash. link: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm - scroll down to mui download (description: "mui english mui files for cenet 4.2 devices that are not in english ..." i recommend you just install the CAB file from the package, the rest is the same. - NOTE: if you need it for ce 5.0, let me know, as 4.2 is not fully compatible with that. we can make MUI for 5.0 too

If you could do a wince5 verion that would be handy

Top of the page
chanroi
chanroi Page Icon Posted 2008-10-26 10:08 AM
#
Hi cmonex, i found your thread here that mention about MUI for windows CE 5.0
I have a PMP which runs Windows CE 5 with default Korean language, and I want to change it to English. I have tried installing the MUI Cenet4.2 but when i choose English nothing's happen. So i think it's not compatible with CE 5. Can I request a MUI for Win CE 5 please? Thank you!
 Top of the page
FuX Page Icon Posted 2008-10-29 2:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

ive also tried 4.2 on 5.0 and no go.. please could you put up the English Win CE 5.0 mui..

much appreciated

FuX
 Top of the page
gaz
gaz Page Icon Posted 2008-11-03 5:30 PM
#
hi i also would like a language mui for win ce 5 please. my os is currently chinese with no aother languages so this would be a great help

regards
gaz
 Top of the page
ckirkby3
ckirkby3 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-09 6:55 AM
#
hi i also need the english mui for wince5, god damn chinese head units, they stripp the wince version to the balls, (why? oh why?) i've pm'd you though mate, if you can reply to this or the pm would be entirely grateful
 Top of the page
chanroi
chanroi Page Icon Posted 2008-11-12 1:03 PM
#
oh ckirkby3, may be you should check his signature "I am not using PM - you will not get a reply from me to any PM. (alternative is: ask a question on forum, or if it is not a public matter, email me.)"
after read that, i had sent him an email to the address found on his site (contactchan@freemail.hu) and still no reply. And then I have to check the thread everyday since I can't contact him.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-12 1:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex is a she, not a he.
 Top of the page
chanroi
chanroi Page Icon Posted 2008-11-13 1:26 AM
#
 Top of the page
bill
bill Page Icon Posted 2008-11-13 4:48 AM
#
HI
PLEASE ONE QUESTION
I HAVE A GPS PNA FROM CHINA.WHEN I UNLOCK THIS I SEE THE WIN IN CHINA LANGUAGE.CAN USE THIS MUI FILES TO THIS PNA THAT HAVE WIN CE4.2 IN CHINA LANGUAGE ,TO CHANGE THE LANGUAGE FROM CHINESE TO ENGLISH?
MANY THANKS

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH..
 Top of the page
chanroi
chanroi Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 3:18 AM
#
Hi bill, i guess it'll work!
 Top of the page
bill
bill Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 4:05 AM
#
chanroi - 2008-11-14 3:18 AM

Hi bill, i guess it'll work!

Many thanks chanroi for your help
Some help more please..
1) first step is to put the tascal registry editor to my pna but which is the way to put this registry editor to my pna
Can i put the editor to my pna via activesync to my storage card and after must run the setup?
2)Second step is to put mui files to pna ?but how to?

Please some help i'm confused

THANKS VERY MUCH
 Top of the page
rburndred Page Icon Posted 2008-11-14 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello , i also have win ce 5 chinese and would like to change to english where may i get this mui update file for ce 5?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11