x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Change language on WinCE

1 2 3 4
chanroi
chanroi Page Icon Posted 2008-11-16 12:51 PM
#
bill - 2008-11-14 4:05 PM

chanroi - 2008-11-14 3:18 AM

Hi bill, i guess it'll work!

Many thanks chanroi for your help
Some help more please..
1) first step is to put the tascal registry editor to my pna but which is the way to put this registry editor to my pna
Can i put the editor to my pna via activesync to my storage card and after must run the setup?
2)Second step is to put mui files to pna ?but how to?

Please some help i'm confused

THANKS VERY MUCH

just transfer the file "cmonex english mui for cenet42.cab" to your device and run it from your device. It will be installed.

Edited by chanroi 2008-11-16 12:53 PM
 Top of the page
Bill
Bill Page Icon Posted 2008-11-16 5:27 PM
#
chanroi - 2008-11-16 12:51 PM

bill - 2008-11-14 4:05 PM

chanroi - 2008-11-14 3:18 AM

Hi bill, i guess it'll work!

Many thanks chanroi for your help
Some help more please..
1) first step is to put the tascal registry editor to my pna but which is the way to put this registry editor to my pna
Can i put the editor to my pna via activesync to my storage card and after must run the setup?
2)Second step is to put mui files to pna ?but how to?

Please some help i'm confused

THANKS VERY MUCH

just transfer the file "cmonex english mui for cenet42.cab" to your device and run it from your device. It will be installed.

THANKS fer info..i will try asap
 Top of the page
Bill
Bill Page Icon Posted 2008-11-18 2:41 PM
#
Hi chanroi
All ok i transfer the file "cmonex english mui for cenet42.cab" to my device and installation are complete.
The problem now is that i don't have any good registry editor to create some registry entries that i need as cmonex say at MUI readme help file.
The Tascal Registry Editor don't work on my pna.When i search in google i find a registry editor and he works on my device but i can't type with this editor to make the changes in registry ,he don't have any keyboard as i see in some other reg editors.

PLEASE ANY HELP TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM I WILL BE GRATEFUL...
MANY THAKS
 Top of the page
Bill
Bill Page Icon Posted 2008-11-20 3:11 AM
#
Hi....also i find and another problem as follow..
When i close my pna and after open this all the data from cmonex english mui for cenet42.cab installation lost.Imake again another installation and when my pna is on all ok but after i swich off again all the settings from the new installation lost ...I don't know why happen this..

PLEASE ANY IDEA FOR THIS...
MANY THANKS
BILL

PS. I still looking for a registry editor for my device
 Top of the page
Asterix
Asterix Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 9:41 AM
#
Bill - 2008-11-20 9:11 PM

Hi....also i find and another problem as follow..
When i close my pna and after open this all the data from cmonex english mui for cenet42.cab installation lost.Imake again another installation and when my pna is on all ok but after i swich off again all the settings from the new installation lost ...I don't know why happen this..

PLEASE ANY IDEA FOR THIS...
MANY THANKS
BILL

PS. I still looking for a registry editor for my device

Well , it's normal that you lose all data from CAB installation after a hard reset . Everytime when you power off the device , or hard reset , you will lose any files added to your wince and also the registry . Everything will be re-loaded from the rom ( i mean chinese version of you device ) .
To modify the registry , you can use "MobileRegistryEditor" if you can connect your device under the USB with ActiveSync .
If not , then you have to use a combination of regitry editor and a keyboard utility to enter the data in the windows registry .
 Top of the page
Bill
Bill Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 12:13 PM
#
Hi Asterix
Many thanks for your reply...
Finally i find a registry editor who works on my pna device.
The question now is which is the way to installation the file "cmonex english mui for cenet42.cab" and don't lost the extracting installation files and the registry changes that i made after power off my device?

THANKS
BILL
 Top of the page
Asterix
Asterix Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 5:31 PM
#
Bill - 2008-11-23 6:13 AM

Hi Asterix
Many thanks for your reply...
Finally i find a registry editor who works on my pna device.
The question now is which is the way to installation the file "cmonex english mui for cenet42.cab" and don't lost the extracting installation files and the registry changes that i made after power off my device?

THANKS
BILL

To keep the files on your device , you have 2 choices :
- writing a new bin image witch will have english language ;
- using a script on your device , witch will do the copy files from the internal flash disk ( i'm talking about the flash used for navigation software and main shell ... not the rom flash ) because this flash memory remains in the last state ( only if you don't format'it ) , to windows directory and of course also will be necessary to modify the registry automatic .
Both options are posible , but to do this , you need to have some knowledge about all this . By the way what's the name for the device and do you have a rom image for it ? If so ... maybe i can help you with some info about necesary steps .
Best regards !

Edited by Asterix 2008-11-22 5:33 PM
 Top of the page
Bill
Bill Page Icon Posted 2008-11-23 6:32 AM
#
Thanks again Asterix for your reply
My device is here... http://www.lweshop.com/gps1031bafn.html
You can see here all the specifications

I don't have rom image for my device but i see in a previus post from "cmonex"

" 1) forget grabit, why can't anyone forget it finally. it was made for NOR flash, which is an older type of flash, no pda or pna comes with that today.
2) if you just want english ui, get the MUI files from my site to make it english, no need to reflash. link: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm - scroll down to mui download (description: "mui english mui files for cenet 4.2 devices that are not in english ..." i recommend you just install the CAB file from the package, the rest is the same "
In a help file cmonex give instructions abt the changes in registry and finally says RESET
But after reset all my new settings lost..that s the big problem

Thanks again for your kind help
Bill
 Top of the page
Asterix
Asterix Page Icon Posted 2008-11-23 10:37 AM
#
Ok , i understand . But i believe that CMONEX was talking about "soft reset" , witch is'nt the same thing as hard reset .
If you manage to operate with the registry on your device , make a backup , this way maybe we can find a solution for a permanent patch or maybe a trick . I'm talking about installing a small script witch will do the job for you , every time when a reset or a hard reset is make'it .

Top of the page
Troy
Troy Page Icon Posted 2008-11-29 8:55 AM
#
I just got a U-Pop wireless PMP and mini web appliance. I'm hoping to switch it over from Korean to English MUI. It's running CE 5.0. Did anyone find a MUI update yet?
 Top of the page
UPOP?
UPOP? Page Icon Posted 2009-02-02 11:03 AM
#
I bought the UPOP on a recent trip to Korea myself. Did you ever get the language changed to English?
 Top of the page
geruvigus Page Icon Posted 2009-03-05 4:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello i have the same bill's device whith the same problem change language from chinese to english asterix can you help me
sorry for my english
 Top of the page
Steve
Steve Page Icon Posted 2009-03-18 9:18 PM
#
Troy

Did you have any luck changing the u-pop pmp from korean to english

Steve

spolito@enox.com
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-04-13 2:47 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Do exist MUI file with italian language to flash MBP 900c?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-04-14 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Slycarter - 2009-04-13 8:47 AM

Do exist MUI file with italian language to flash MBP 900c?

can build italian MUI for you - wait i already did for someone else. however it is not 100% translating stuff, but a lot is italian after it. interested?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 26