x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada - Connecting to demon ISP?

Garry Platt
Garry Platt Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 3:07 AM
#
I have a new Jornada 720 and I’m having some difficulty getting connected to the internet.

I use Demon as my ISP here in the UK and I have gone through the process of configuring the machine via the wizard and the machine dials up Demon well enough and takes me all the way through to the point at which it tells me on the HP dialup window that I am ‘Connected’. However, after exactly 30seconds the machine promptly drops the connection with a pop up window stating: ‘Disconnected’. This happens whether I launch Internet Explorer or Outlook to download my E Mails.

I’m guessing it’s something simple that I’m overlooking But I can’t discover what it is.

Any advice or suggestions/solutions gratefully received.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 7:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

So I take it something was wrong with my original reply to this here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1312&pos...

Please do not double post questions onto the forum. It is directly in opposition to the rules.
 Top of the page
Garry Platt
Garry Platt Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 8:13 AM
#
Sorry - I only saw the section on thread continuity - I hadn't realised that this was in reference to posting in alternate forums. I was hoping some one else in this other forum might have encountered this problem and resolved it.

To answer your first question; sadly no, using the alternative approach of setting up the connection produced the same results.

Apologies again.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 9:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to HPC2000 Technical Support

Do you have access to another dial-up ISP or dial-in system so that you can check the integrity of the modem. Also have you tried it on a different phone line?
 Top of the page
Garry Platt
Garry Platt Page Icon Posted 2005-05-24 1:47 PM
#
Thanks for the suggestion - it did the trick. It must be something weird to do with Demon's access. I tried the Jornada with a free ISP provider and it works, I used it to connect to my demon account and collect my e mail and it works a treat - go figure?

Now the next challenge will be WiFi when my Orinnoco card should arrive shortly. I've no doubt I'll be back then.

Thanks in the mean time.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8