x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

windows ce5 chinese car stereo+gps+bluetooth+dvd+tv tuner

1 2 3 4
burdy123 Page Icon Posted 2009-10-03 4:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi al i have also bought a ; 7-inch Touch Screen 1 Din In-Dash Car DVD Player GPS and DVB-T Function (SZC607) , it just works fine, installed TomTom on it ( map freezed after a few minuts, because screensaver settings on wince 5.0 or someting, that must i find out later ). my problem is that the touchscreen wont come out anymore, it hangs on closing in. maybe it goes not smooth back inside, but i wil contact the suplyer, it fals under warrantee.
 Top of the page
burdy123 Page Icon Posted 2009-10-06 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

max 2GB Sdcard ? , no warrantee ? maybe u can sell a new reader and replace the Sdcard that doesn't work. or it's a software problem. i don't now.
 Top of the page
ramoncio Page Icon Posted 2009-10-07 4:21 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Have a look at this post:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=123171&whichp...

The message of zygo10 at page 6 is very interesting.

MioPocket is the way to go!
 Top of the page
jatman Page Icon Posted 2009-10-11 9:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

did you have any luck?

i am in the same situation as you, but i do not speak other languages at all. were you able to get the language to English and if so how?

were you able to make changes to your system (user face, options, etc.) and if so, can you post pictures?

thank you,

jat
 Top of the page
dumied Page Icon Posted 2009-10-13 8:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

ramoncio - 2009-09-09 3:45 PM

Hi all, I'm Ramoncio from Spain,

I got mine at eBay last month from a chinese seller, Stoneswei.
This is my model, but I got it cheaper in a bid (about 270 USD):
http://cgi.ebay.es/GPS-NAVI-7-TOUCHSCREEN-DVD-AUTORADIO-BLUETOOTH-I...

GPS, DVD, SD, USB, IPOD input, Radio, analog TV, 7inch TFT touchscreen, bluetooth (with audio profile enabled, I can play music from my Nokia 5800 using bluetooth!!), and many video/audio inputs/outputs.

It also has a slot-in DVD and 2 SD card readers**: one for the GPS that can also be accessed from the main media player and the other one for Main menu's SD media player, the same program that plays DVDs. When you insert a CD/DVD/SD card/usb device it opens that media player automatically.

But this media player in my oppinion is quite bad, very ugly and not designed for one finger use at all. You can play music, movies and watch pictures, but nothing to do with an iPod or similar media player. You have some functions, but an awful interface. It can't even properly read long filenames!!!! No options to create playlists, very bad. My main wish would be to have this program and interface drastically improved.

It has 2 menus: the Main menu, that lets you access the main unit functions, and the GPS menu, with some submenus. This is where you can hack the unit.

In the main menu you can play all kind of media, view rear camera, and configure some features, as user language (only English or Chinese), radio and tv standards, etc.

In the Navigation menu you have 2 submenus. In the first of them you have the Navigation Program button (USER DEFINABLE at the config submenu!!) and there are also different video/audio players and a PDF reader. This players are quite better than the main media player, nicer interface, playlists, but everything very basic too. And the worst, you can't access the second SD card, USB input, DVD, etc. Just the GPS SD card. :-/

In the second submenu you can configure the program language (with more choices here, as Spanish, German, etc), pointer calibration, some other features, and GPS configuration. This is where you can select your GPS exe path. If you select another WinCE 5 program it works fine!!!! I have just tried it with a wince explorer I found in a Spanish web and I can see all system files and folders. But everything is in chinese!!

Here is the explorer that I used:
http://www.pove.es/inicio/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_deta...

Note that this is a windows installer, don't install it as you don't have activesync connection with the device. I just uncompressed it into my SD card, and used the bin/explorer.exe as my GPS startup program, so when I click on my Navigation button I get a WinCE explorer, with a virtual keyboard installed!!
I don't know how to do it yet, but that Gstart program is the way to go. It is a cusomizable WinCE menu, where you can add your desired apps and submenus. Have a look here:

http://www.pove.es/inicio/index.php?option=com_content&view=article...isonibleDescargaGStart&catid=43:GStart%20Installer&Itemid=62

I have tried to run from the SD the Gstart menu and some other WinCE programs I downloaded from that spanish web, but they give me an error. I think it complains about Net framework compact not being installed, so I'll download it and istall it from the SD, but right now I'm not very sure which version and language to install. It would be also great to be able to change the whole WinCE language, but I think it won't be easy without reflashing the unit (HOW??) I'm afraid I'll have to try it myself, but I'll first look at some other forums, because a wrong language/version might break my OS.
I'll first try to do a whole system backup to the SD card. Anyone knows a good WinCE backup app?

I have also found a very nice tutorial for Gstart here, and also links to very nice WinCE apps :

http://todopocketpc2.vocento.com/showthread.php?s=2bff4885ab4b7f11d...

I'll ask in that forum, and will try to keep you posted.

** The seller told me it couldn't read SDHC cards, but it does!! I've been using it with a 8gig MicroSD using an adapter without problems. XDD

Hey ramoncio
Your post has been really helpful. I would like to quizz you further though. Can I possibly email you?
 Top of the page
richard19800 Page Icon Posted 2009-10-30 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I also have a chinese 7inch 2din stereo gps, and i went into the gps settings and pressed calibrate and i have to tap the screen in the 4 corners then it lets me press the green tick, then it says language, English is highlited but thats it i am locked into that screen i press return nothing happens i carnt go back or forward unless i goto radio/ipod/aux/dvd and when i press gps again to takes me to the language screen where im stuck. Any help will be fantastic.

Cheers

Richard

My GPS
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/flux-capacitor-7-...

Top of the page
jcdub Page Icon Posted 2009-12-08 10:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Should the Activation key be in another format other than a .dat file? Can Wince open this file type? if not what do I convert the file to? and how?

Cheers
 Top of the page
jcdub Page Icon Posted 2009-12-13 2:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

You should do a gps reset in the settings menu. If you cant find it try unplugging it at the back for a few seconds. Hope that helps
 Top of the page
269569205 Page Icon Posted 2010-01-05 9:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

did you use Nurian Z1?
it used wince 5.0
it is not updated
Not take a lot of software
i am chinese
By accident by searching for "Nurian Z1"
Access to this forum
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-01-17 4:52 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

zed - 2010-01-06 4:14 AM

hi dude!!
i have a question 4 u.
i have accesed the os on these chinese dvd players. but the problem is that the os is in chinese and its damn hard t understand. how do i get it to english?
would much appreciate thanks..
zed

Hi dude zed,
you have to replace wince.nls, in your device's ROM, with the English one.
You have to have your original factory ROM or recreated from DiskRW.exe dump
If it is CE 5 I might be able to help, you just have to know how to access your bootloader,
to reflash the device, there is no other way, I'm sorry.
 Top of the page
jean Page Icon Posted 2010-05-16 5:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello ,I also have the Chinese stargate 7(cvgx-c14-2gen) It runs IGO8 and I am quite happy with it. There is only one problem, every time that I close the navigate function ,I have to search for the GPS antenna when I start it again. I have tried the "remember user settings"but it won`t help. The GPS antenna setting is also not remembered after the device is shut off .
What am I doing wrong ?

Greatings,

Jean
 Top of the page
Vincent
Vincent Page Icon Posted 2010-07-02 11:07 AM
#
edit the sys.txt file on your sd card, and remove the [folder] stuff.
It should even work with an empty sys.txt
 Top of the page
pipevo
pipevo Page Icon Posted 2010-07-04 8:49 PM
#
Edited: Violation rule #10
 Top of the page
pipevo
pipevo Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 4:04 PM
#
i have exactly the same problem get to language and will not let me move on or come out of screen how do you fix
 Top of the page
pipevo
pipevo Page Icon Posted 2010-07-06 4:06 PM
#
i have exactly the same problem get to language and will not let me move on or come out of screen how do you fix
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 17