x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Airpanel 100 question

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
us035976 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 12:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got a couple of brand new Airpanel 100's off ebay. I have a couple of wireless cards coming (Cisco Aironet 350) and was wondering "How do I get drivers loaded on to the Airpanel if needed?"
I have tried inserting 2 different CF cards with files on them but don't know where/how to access them. The Airpanel came with only the quick users guide and nothing more in the way of a manual.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 2:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The files can be accessed by double-tapping on "My Computer" on the desktop (or selecting "Windows Explorer" in the Start Menu). Go to \Storage Card to see the files.

I assume these are files that are supposed to be run on the Airpanel, as opposed to installers that must be run on the PC. Can you give us the names of the files you're talking about, so we can let you know which is the case?
 Top of the page
us035976 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 4:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2008-11-22 2:19 PM

The files can be accessed by double-tapping on "My Computer" on the desktop (or selecting "Windows Explorer" in the Start Menu). Go to \Storage Card to see the files.

I assume these are files that are supposed to be run on the Airpanel, as opposed to installers that must be run on the PC. Can you give us the names of the files you're talking about, so we can let you know which is the case?

I don't have a "\Storage Card". The only folders listed when I run Windows Explorer are:
Databases - System Folder
My Documents - Folder
Network - Removable Storage
Permanent Storage - Removable Storage
profiles - Folder
Program Files - folder
Temp - Folder
Windows - Folder

I checked in Network and Permanent Storage and the CF card's contents don't show up in either of those locations. Do I need to enable the CF port somehow?
 Top of the page
Asterix
Asterix Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 5:45 PM
#
us035976 - 2008-11-23 10:33 AM
I don't have a "\Storage Card". The only folders listed when I run Windows Explorer are:
My Documents - Folder
profiles - Folder
Program Files - folder
Temp - Folder
Windows - Folder

I checked in Network and Permanent Storage and the CF card's contents don't show up in either of those locations. Do I need to enable the CF port somehow?

I'm not sure , but if you have a built in card reader , then must be already enabled .
Check the registry in windows ... use a registry editor to modify the flag for the card storage ( look after something like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\.... ) . There must be something about card there .
I think is hidden , for this reason you can't see the CF card in explorer .
Or even better , if you have a copy or backup of those registry , we can take a look to see what is inside .
 Top of the page
us035976 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Asterix - 2008-11-22 4:45 PM

us035976 - 2008-11-23 10:33 AM
My Documents - Folder
profiles - Folder
Program Files - folder
Temp - Folder
Windows - Folder

I'm not sure , but if you have a built in card reader , then must be already enabled .
Check the registry in windows ... use a registry editor to modify the flag for the card storage ( look after something like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\.... ) . There must be something about card there .
I think is hidden , for this reason you can't see the CF card in explorer .
Or even better , if you have a copy or backup of those registry , we can take a look to see what is inside .

OK, update - When I plug in a CF memory card the 'Storage Manager' in Control Panel at least show one is there. It says my 32MB card is 4.31 GB though.
I am quite familiar with PC's and Windows. I worked support for a few years before retiring. I'm familiar with registry editing, but I just don't see a registry editor on the drive. I don't see any registry editor type .exe in the Windows folder where I assume it would be.
I can't get it for you to see as I don't yet have any method to get files on/off the device. Memory cards won't show up right and I'm waiting for a wireless card to arrive yet.

Edited by us035976 2008-11-22 6:23 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 7:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are several free registry editors for Windows CE: Tascal Registry Editor, PHM Registry Editor, and Total Commander. (The last one is a file manager that includes a registry plugin.) A quick Google search will direct you to lots of places where all these are available.
 Top of the page
us035976 Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 7:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2008-11-22 7:05 PM

There are several free registry editors for Windows CE: Tascal Registry Editor, PHM Registry Editor, and Total Commander. (The last one is a file manager that includes a registry plugin.) A quick Google search will direct you to lots of places where all these are available.

Yes, BUT I have no way right now of getting any of these on the airpanel. Once I get my wireless network set up working, I'll probably go with the Total Commander one, I use and love their file manager.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 8:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I see your point. I haven't yet been able to sync mine with my PC since it doesn't have an IR port, and I don't have a cradle for it. However, are you getting the same results trying to read a CF card if you put it in a PCMCIA adapter in the PCMCIA slot?

Edited by CE Geek 2008-11-22 8:08 PM
 Top of the page
eightball
eightball Page Icon Posted 2008-12-18 8:38 AM
#
You can got to www.wareseeker.com to obtain the manual download.
 Top of the page
hdokes Page Icon Posted 2008-12-28 12:17 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Has anyone actually been able to connect an airpanel 100 to a PC through the USB port? I assumed that this would be done with ActiveSync running on the XP machine however I have attached one to the other with a usb A to usb A cord and xp is not seeing any connectivity nor is active sync able to connect. Like the above dialog... I am trying to load cisco aironet 350 drivers on the airpanel but the drivers must be run from the PC.... i.e. aironet client utilities 2.3. The built in drivers on CE .NET 4.1 which is loaded on the airpanel does see the cisco aironet 350 and allows configuration however it will not see any available SSID tho I have several to choose from and they are functional. Figured if I loaded the drivers and client utility from cisco I would have better luck.

Edited by hdokes 2008-12-28 12:17 PM
 Top of the page
us035976 Page Icon Posted 2009-01-09 8:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hdokes - 2008-12-28 11:17 AM

Has anyone actually been able to connect an airpanel 100 to a PC through the USB port? I assumed that this would be done with ActiveSync running on the XP machine however I have attached one to the other with a usb A to usb A cord and xp is not seeing any connectivity nor is active sync able to connect. Like the above dialog... I am trying to load cisco aironet 350 drivers on the airpanel but the drivers must be run from the PC.... i.e. aironet client utilities 2.3. The built in drivers on CE .NET 4.1 which is loaded on the airpanel does see the cisco aironet 350 and allows configuration however it will not see any available SSID tho I have several to choose from and they are functional. Figured if I loaded the drivers and client utility from cisco I would have better luck.

I have 2 of these Airpanels running just fine with cisco aironet 350 cards. In my case I do not have my access point broadcasting it's SSID, so I manually configured it with the SSID and WEP key info and it connected just fine. I even caught an open/unsecured neighbor's wireless access point and connected through it for a while this afternoon. This is all with the drivers loaded by default on the airpanels. (CE .NET 4.1)
 Top of the page
hdokes Page Icon Posted 2009-01-11 9:46 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi there us035976. I could never get the 350 cards to work wit the default CE .NET 4.1 drivers. They seen the card... but did not allow for configuration.. i.e. there was no mechanism to be found to establish a wifi connection.... none of the properties would show.

I have however finally tracked down and have a cradle and this weekend I was able to get my 3 airpanel 100's up and running on the network by loading the cisco drivers and aironet 350 utility. I have not been able to however get them to connect via RDP to an xp pro machine ... even tho I have several that I connect to all the time with other devices. Have you had any luck in this area?

Also... have you loaded any other software on your .net 4.1 that has actually worked after loading it?
 Top of the page
Truent
Truent Page Icon Posted 2009-01-29 10:08 PM
#
Found your thread by googling. Me and some friends picked up some airpanel 100's but were having similar issues. I can't sync with an a to a nor have we been able to sync with a cradle. The cradle seems to have some wording saying to use activesync and the viewsonic sychronization software but there is no cd with the cradle and the disc with the airpanels only has a pdf of the manual with no mention of syncing. The ir also seems to be disabled on these units as the ce's sync software doesnt let you choose anything other than usb for syncing.

has anyone been able to sync these??
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-01-30 8:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I just got a ViewPad 100 cradle (basically the same cradle used for the Airpanel 100), connected it with a standard USB cable, and was able to sync my Airpanel successfully. Make sure that, in "Connection Settings" in ActiveSync on the PC, the correct COM port is selected corresponding with the USB port you're using on the PC. Also, on the Airpanel, check the USB connection's properties in Control Panel -> Network and Dial-up Connections, to make sure that the connection speed is set to 115200 Kbps and that all the Call Options are unchecked. Once I corrected those settings on both ends and then disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, the Airpanel connected instantly.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-06 3:59 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

hdokes - 2009-01-11 9:46 PM

I have however finally tracked down and have a cradle and this weekend I was able to get my 3 airpanel 100's up and running on the network by loading the cisco drivers and aironet 350 utility.

Anyone know where I can find the drivers and utility? I searched for "aironet 350 utility" and ended up on the CISCO site downloading a file named WinCE211-PCMCIA-LMC-v222.exe. I copied it over to My Documents on my V100. When I try to run it I get a message stating it's not a valid Windows CE application. I thought maybe it just needed to be uncompressed first so I tried opening the file on Vista and it choked. I'm still unable to get my V100 connected to my wireless network. I have the aironet 350 which is recognized but it can't find my wireless router and I can't connect manually entering my SSID. I tried adjusting settings on my router to no avail. I'd really like to try what hdokes mentions above. Please help.

Edited by v100hell 2009-02-06 4:00 AM
 Top of the page
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.233 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11