x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Recommendations for CF card

j-d Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 1:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Black Friday approaches. I plan to buy a hard drive, but I also want to get my filthy hands on a CF card that will work with jLime on my Jornada 720--my current Micro Center-branded 2GB card is not recognized and if it's cheap enough, can more CF cards really hurt? I really appreciate RTFM's prebuilt images (thanks ten billion, dawg, it's great) but I want to be running jLime for...well, "standardization," and because I want to be running the 2.6 kernel.

So are there any recommendations? Perhaps any tips on good sales this Friday? Experience with brand-name cards that work well, or others that work less well? I'm looking for anything from 2-4GB. Preferably closer to 4, so I can use it as a hard drive for my old IBM laptop and swap my current "fast" card into the Jornada.

Any information or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
 Top of the page
rumen_s Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 3:40 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi,

I use 8GB Transcend CF card, speed 133x ; no problems at all ; J728

Edited by rumen_s 2008-11-24 3:59 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 5:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Question for those who know: Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy an 8 or 16 gb SD card and use a CF adapter? Would there be any noticeable speed loss?
 Top of the page
13tzameti Page Icon Posted 2009-04-19 7:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

sandisk 4gb ultra 3 no problems it the best i use

but warning dont tray never with a Imation 1gb
not work and dont buy for this you waste you time and money
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-04-19 8:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2008-11-24 10:47 PM

Question for those who know: Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy an 8 or 16 gb SD card and use a CF adapter? Would there be any noticeable speed loss?
Not on most H/PC's, no. The bus's are too slow. You would have an observable difference between the two on the host PC though.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 28