x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sig 3 + Opera 8.65 = Working :-)

1 2 3 4
(C) Page Icon Posted 2008-12-02 5:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi there,
I have Redgear 1.0. I grab 3 dlls from redgear and opera 8.65 is working :-)
I think, is good news for everyone :-)

(C)

Edited by (C) 2008-12-02 5:29 AM
 Top of the page
Half-Saint Page Icon Posted 2008-12-02 7:10 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Great. Which 3 dlls?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2008-12-02 10:32 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Anyway, he can't share them... It's illegal ...
But i would also like to know what are they.) Maybe i can steal them from CE5.0 platfrom builder.

Edited by JHack 2008-12-02 10:36 AM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2008-12-02 11:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

RedGear provides WM2003 compatibility; CE5 platform builder likely won't help you. My guess is that ws2 is definitely needed, and probably also cellcore. The third is likely coredll, because aygshell won't work properly without also using the coredll (which would make it four DLL's). Alternatively, the third DLL may be ceshell, which wasn't updated until 4.2.

That said, I don't encourage hacking for two reasons:
1. It usually involves illegal modification of files, and
2. It requires the user to find and be able to implement the description of the hack

Better to report the solution so that it can be fixed and implemented in a future version, to benefit all users. The unfortunate addiction to hacking means that future versions of RedGear will not have separate DLL files to faciliate this kind of activity.

Edited by isotherm 2008-12-02 11:22 AM
 Top of the page
(C) Page Icon Posted 2008-12-02 11:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is _s2.dll, _ellcore.dll and _oredl.dll (but you can use another coredll.dll). I did nothing, only took these dlls, uninstal redgear, put it to the same directory where is Opera installed and edit dll's name in OperaWm.exe. That's it.
Opera is working.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2008-12-03 12:59 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Notably there must be something else involved, as Opera requires an aygshell not provided with the Sig III. I'm guessing you chose Hou Ming's, which doesn't give full capability but does let Opera run. I'm also guessing there could be some issues, such as clicking the down arrow at the right of the address bar not working, or the download functionality not working properly. These are the kinds of variability caused by hacking by individuals.

Licensed RedGear users wanting to implement these instructions anyway ought to use the _oredll included with RedGear. This will ensure that your device id is uniform across devices (for registration purposes), and that you won't get nasty surprises when upgrading to the next version.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-12-04 5:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

JHack - 2008-12-02 4:32 PM

Anyway, he can't share them... It's illegal ...
But i would also like to know what are they.) Maybe i can steal them from CE5.0 platfrom builder.

ohh do you really think isotherm just uses PB 5 dlls?

no. he wrote them from scratch.

PB 5 coredll, aygshell and ws2 dll's won't work on sig3, too many dependencies and other crap. (believe me i tried a long time ago and not even 4.2 versions of these dlls load properly, let alone 5.0 then.)

and please don't post the redgear dll's anywhere.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2008-12-05 7:23 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

No i don't. I'll never think in such a way since the experience with relocs.
I think about something a bit more complicated.))
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-12-05 8:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

just a thought but last night I found out that the problem with opera 8.65 on the smartbook (that commenting out the activex lines fixed for SB) was not connected to inbuilt flash.dll

Turns out if I open IE first and go to the adobe test page then close IE Opera starts fine.

So I was wondering if it may be worth trying the same on Sig3. Install flash.dll then open IE and test to make sure it's working on the adobe page, close IE and try opera. (if the symptoms are the same that it. On SB it shows splash screen then half freezes up the unit).

John
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-12-20 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

JHack - 2008-12-05 1:23 PM

No i don't. I'll never think in such a way since the experience with relocs.
I think about something a bit more complicated.))

relocs? aren't a problem... and if you use dlls compiled with your copy of PB5 then relocs are present anyway.
 Top of the page
Olavius
Olavius Page Icon Posted 2009-01-29 6:45 AM
#
(C) - 2008-12-02 11:36 PM

Is _s2.dll, _ellcore.dll and _oredl.dll (but you can use another coredll.dll). I did nothing, only took these dlls, uninstal redgear, put it to the same directory where is Opera installed and edit dll's name in OperaWm.exe. That's it.
Opera is working.

I tried this, but it wasn't working. (Execheck reported cannot load _s2.dll, _ellcore.dll and _oredll.dll)
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-01-29 8:35 AM
#
H/PC Elite

As someone is kindly loaning me their Sig 3 to test with, I should be able to get RedGear working well on the Sig 3. It would be much easier than trying to figure out how to hack files. I don't support that or know why it doesn't work, as they were never meant to be used in that way anyway.
 Top of the page
ZytaZiouZ Page Icon Posted 2009-02-01 9:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Holy $@#%... If Redgear is ever supported on the sig3, I would become a customer undoubtedly. I really hate how my sig3 has so much potential, but I can't do what I really want with it other than using remote desktop and pretending it runs xp or win7 beta. If I could get a fast web browser, and an IM program that supports yahoo, I'd get a whole lot of use out of the sig. Might even have to hunt down a better battery for it.
 Top of the page
patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-01 4:37 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

(C) - 2008-12-02 5:26 AM

Hi there,
I have Redgear 1.0. I grab 3 dlls from redgear and opera 8.65 is working :-)
I think, is good news for everyone :-)

(C)

Is there a direct link to get the cab opera? or a megaupload.com/rapidshare.com link could be possible,eventually?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-03-01 8:00 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Why do you persist in this game? The Opera CAB is free to download directly from Opera. How can some MegaUpload/RapidShare junk be better? One last time, I humor you with the direct link to download the CAB that works on devices... with RedGear.
http://get.opera.com/pub/opera/winmobile/865/opera_wm2003_ppc_865.cab
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11