x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sig 3 + Opera 8.65 = Working :-)

1 2 3 4
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2009-05-16 10:38 AM
#
I better the C option because when redgear is installed some apps of S3 loks. Opera works very nice and fast on S3. I do noto want to be boring but may be that the project deserve another chance
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-16 11:02 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hmm, well without a device I can't try it. But I think there's likely no need to hack the files, if you follow my directions. RedGear will not have a chance to affect Sig III built-in programs if you follow my directions, that is: install and immediately disable RedGear. Then only enable it for the necessary program (Opera).

Edited by isotherm 2009-05-16 11:12 AM
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2009-05-16 11:51 AM
#
ok I wll try
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-17 3:36 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Isotherm your istructions work but when I power down my SIg3 after Redgear installation, even if disable, don't let Sig3 power up by power button but only with a soft reset.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-17 7:38 AM
#
H/PC Elite

It is really interesting it would affect the operating system, even if disabled on startup. Disabling RedGear in the dialog box will not affect the next startup; did you perform the first half of RedGear uninstallation, so that it is disabled also on startup?

If so, well, it was worth a try... I just never may be able to understand what is going wrong with these devices.

Edited by isotherm 2009-05-17 7:39 AM
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-17 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

what would be forst half of Redgear uninstallation?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-17 5:44 PM
#
H/PC Elite

1. Install RedGear
2. Try to uninstall RedGear; it will say that RedGear has been disabled, please soft reset and then uninstall
3. Soft reset
4. Don't uninstall

Now RedGear doesn't run on startup.

I am collecting together some tweaks and tips like these for an FAQ thread on the Alpaxo forums.
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2009-05-17 6:52 PM
#
Well KIrk, I tried the tips.

If I don't make a soft reset after unistalling redgear for the firts time, then opera beheves like redgear is still installed and does not work. If I do a soft reset then opera does not work because it load the standard dll of the system.

The only thing that I can do to make it work is: unistall redgear, make a soft reset, hack opera exe from coredll.dll to _oreldll.dll etc..
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-17 7:36 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Unless there is something abnormal about the kernel on the Sig III (which I doubt), the procedure should work without unnecessary hacking. I assume that nobody wants the possibility of Opera going the way of NetFront, by discussing these methods on the the forum. I will try to interact with someone who has a Sigmarion III to work out the proper procedure, and report back.
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2009-05-18 2:18 AM
#
I do not know if it is possible, but if you want to try with my S3 with remote deskstop you can email me
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-05-18 3:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah so this is why you asked for sig3. i'm available to help.
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2009-05-19 3:29 AM
#
Someone jas been able to run flash with opera on S3?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-24 2:30 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Slycarter - 2009-05-17 3:36 AM

Isotherm your istructions work but when I power down my SIg3 after Redgear installation, even if disable, don't let Sig3 power up by power button but only with a soft reset.

ADD ON:

After a while you can't power on anymore even with soft reset button.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-06-17 2:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks to cmonex for testing this on her Sigmarion III. She started with a fresh hard reset, and had only RedGear 1.0.0, wceloadext, and the English language pack installed. The Opera 8.65 CAB for Windows Mobile 2003 installed fine. But it freezes on startup.

There is apparently an incompatibility between RedGear's aygshell and some aspect of the Sigmarion III. But to get Opera and other programs working, no hacking or modification of files is required. Simply download Hou Ming's aygshell and put it in the \Windows directory on the device, overwriting the existing file of the same name from RedGear.

Opera 8.65 should now load and function properly.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-06-17 2:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

also I suggest allocating as much program RAM as possible, in control panel/system/memory tab. before doing that, I experienced opera freezing the entire device, been fine since then. (I usually set RAM as one of the first steps, but I didn't in this experiment so I got that crash.)

Edited by cmonex 2009-06-17 2:49 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.269 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 28