x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro 700 problem

Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2004-10-25 7:20 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm having a problem with my MobilePro 700 (WinCE 2.0, monochrome screen). I've got small, horizontal lines running through the screen. On clear areas they're black and on black areas they're clear. The measure from just a couple of pixels to about 2 or 3mm. The unit has had very little use (it's my backup). Does anyone have any ideas of the cause or how I can get rid of them (I've already tried a hard reset).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-02 1:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds to me like you have a dead electrode problem in the screen. The electrodes that turn those crystal lines aren't firing so the pixels aren't coming on.

I doubt that there is anything you can do.
 Top of the page
powder2000
powder2000 Page Icon Posted 2004-11-02 3:34 PM
#
Or you may have a loose ribbon connector. Just a thought.
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2004-11-13 9:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for the suggestions. I took it apart this morning (Nov. 13) and tried reseating the screen connections. Although I'm familiar with working on electronics in small spaces (taking things apart and fixing them is a hobby), I somehow messed up and now its worse.

Well, it will have to wait for another day before I can perform an atopsy...

This means that I now looking for another MobilePro 700. Please check my ad in the hpcBay section.

Rick
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9