x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Forum Option: Signatures on CE

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 5:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have added a new forum option to the board control panel ("Your Settings") tonight.

If you connect to the site on a small screen Windows CE device, or over a CE device with a baseband connection, you now have the option to disable the viewing of signatures on any device that identifies itself as "Windows CE" to the HPC:Factor servers, while retaining the ability to view signatures as normal through your account on other platforms.

To access the setting:
- Click 'Your Settings'
- In the right hand navigation select 'Edit Board Settings'
- Toggle the 'View other people's signatures when using a Windows CE Device?' option.

By default I have set everyones account to "YES" - view signatures on Windows CE devices.

This should make life a little easier for people viewing on the small screen.

Please Note: Your browser must identify itself to HPC:Factor as running on Windows CE. If you have edited your broweser identification string to state "Windows XP" then you will not be able to toggle this option.
This is a limitation of HTTP.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-12-15 9:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Very nice, works perfectly on 900C using Opera. I just changed it and then refreshed the screen on this thread...no more C:Amie at the bottom of the message. Makes for faster display. Now if we could just have the navigation column on the left an viewable option, we could forum visit on our hpcs using the full width of the screen.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-12-15 2:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

that would require me to finish the amalthea template. It's been oh... 3/3.5 years.

Good things come to those who wait.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.139 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8