x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Next »
takwu Page Icon Posted 2010-12-16 6:11 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I do miss Summer since Sarah Conor was discontinued.

This show though, is too much of a Batman rip-off. I guess that's the idea. If WB or DC is too concerned with doing a live action Batman TV show (they don't want to dilute the property?), then I guess someone else will. But then again it is not easy to pull it off nicely. So we'll see.

BTW that's not exactly sci-fi either. So while we're at it, I admit I've been watching Nikita, which is a thriller TV show with government consipiracy stuff. Maggie Q is hot. There I said it
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-12-16 9:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sarah Connor has been formally axed then?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-12-16 2:23 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes C:Amie, they cancelled it back in 2009 after only 31 episodes...sad. After that Summer Glau went to the show Dollhouse. I just started watching the second season and can't wait to see her character in this show.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-12-16 8:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Dang
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-12-16 9:08 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I'm sorry C:Amie, I know your pain... it was right around the time the latest Terminator movie came out and I guess the TV show was screwing up the movie canon, but the last movie really isn't in the original canon anyway... I just don't get it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-12-16 9:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I knew it was on the chopping board, I didn't know that an axe decision had been made. The ratings were the problem, I remember reading a discussion on them at the end of the last series. Just look at the numbers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Terminator:_The_Sarah_Connor_Chronicles_episodes
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-12-18 2:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-12-19 2:18 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Well that sucks
What is BSG blood and chrome???

Edited by Yoldering 2010-12-19 2:19 AM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2010-12-20 7:50 AM
#
H/PC Elder

So now we have no big budget Sci-Fi TV show anymore, at least not until that BSG show comes?

I do hope Stargate series come back. The backstory is still good, but they may have gone too far, literally. Sure, SG-1 was pretty much stuck inside the SGC, but thanks to Richard Dean Anderson we can absolutely connect with these characters as everyday people living on Earth. Atlantis was a bit far from Earth, but it still had a good five-season run. SGU is simply too weird for too many people. It was almost like a fan service to make that show. Anyone who hasn't watched enough Stargate would have a hard time relating to the characters, much less appreciate the situation and drama. I hope one day the Stargate series can come back to the SGC and have a much better "next generation" than seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1.

Meanwhile I'll need to re-watch SG-1 on DVD, perhaps buy Altantis on DVD as well. Otherwise my Sci-Fi TV days are over, for now.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-12-20 10:24 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2010-12-20 7:50 AM

So now we have no big budget Sci-Fi TV show anymore, at least not until that BSG show comes?

I do hope Stargate series come back. The backstory is still good, but they may have gone too far, literally. Sure, SG-1 was pretty much stuck inside the SGC, but thanks to Richard Dean Anderson we can absolutely connect with these characters as everyday people living on Earth. Atlantis was a bit far from Earth, but it still had a good five-season run. SGU is simply too weird for too many people. It was almost like a fan service to make that show. Anyone who hasn't watched enough Stargate would have a hard time relating to the characters, much less appreciate the situation and drama. I hope one day the Stargate series can come back to the SGC and have a much better "next generation" than seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1.

Meanwhile I'll need to re-watch SG-1 on DVD, perhaps buy Altantis on DVD as well. Otherwise my Sci-Fi TV days are over, for now.
I'm not sure I completely agree that they went too far, or that it was in accessible for non-SG fans. If anything I would say that Atlantis was more inaccessible with its shameless and constant harking back to SG1. Perhaps I am a minority with this view though, I have another friend who feels the same way. He is a huge Atlantis fan where as I could never get on with SGA.

Now that this is to cease, the only production sci-fi that I'm watching will be Dr. Who. It's almost not worth me owning a TV!

Dr. Who Xmas special 6pm 25th December!

Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-12-20 8:59 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Has anyone else heard it there will be another season of Torchwood? I did a search and it looks like they are planning another one...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-12-20 10:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

*shrugs* I've never watched it. if it's on the BBC site or RadioTimes (BBC's listings publication) it's a fact, elsewhere...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-12-20 10:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

That's just it, I did not see it on the BBC website. Oh well.

You should at least check out the very first episode since you are such a fan of Dr. Who...It is a spin-off of that show you know...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-12-20 10:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yoldering - 2010-12-20 10:12 PM

That's just it, I did not see it on the BBC website. Oh well.

You should at least check out the very first episode since you are such a fan of Dr. Who...It is a spin-off of that show you know...
I do know, that's why I'm uninterested, lol

The cross-over episides irritate me.

Anyway, here is the good news you have been waiting for Yoldering:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/bbcworldwide/worldwidestories/pressreleases/2010/06_june/torchwood_us.shtml
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-01-02 1:28 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Over the Christmas/New Years Holiday I decided I wanted to catch up and finish the last season of BSG...I have a few episodes left and I just want it to end... Maybe it will all work out but I don't think they should have made the second half of the last season. Seems like they were trying to milk a dead cow...

Edited by Yoldering 2011-01-02 1:33 PM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8