x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-02 3:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It's worth the wait...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-01-02 9:33 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

WOW... Rich, you were right! There were a few episodes where I felt like there was not going to be any hope...They really turned it around! What a great ending!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-01-17 11:20 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Tonight the new show Being Human starts on the SyFi channel... Wonder how that show will be... http://www.syfy.com/beinghuman/
Another remake... This time from the BBC...
Being Human is a re-imagining of the acclaimed BBC original series that follows three 20-something roommates: A ghost, a vampire and a werewolf who are struggling to keep their dark secrets from the world, while also helping each other navigate the complexities of living double lives.

"Being Human is a smart, contemporary, young and imaginative series that reflects Syfy's new brand positioning. We are very excited to adapt this for an American audience and bring it into Syfy's family of programming," said Dave Howe, President, Syfy.

The series will star Sam Witwer (Smallville, Battlestar Galactica), Meaghan Rath (The Assistants), Sam Huntington (Cavemen, Superman Returns) and Mark Pellegrino (Lost, Supernatural).

Rounding out the creative team is Adam Kane (The Mentalist, Heroes) as director and co-executive producer, with executive producer Michael Prupas (The Kennedys, Pillars of the Earth) alongside husband and wife executive producers/writers Jeremy Carver (Supernatural) and Anna Fricke (Men in Trees, Everwood).
Muse Entertainment will be producing 13 compelling 1-hour episodes for Syf

Might be good... but I bet my wife won't want to watch it...

Edited by Yoldering 2011-01-17 11:27 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-18 2:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm watching it right now on the sci-fi website...seems okay so far...okay, just finished part I, might have to watch part II when it comes on...pretty good.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-01-18 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich, did you watch it during class?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-18 5:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Na...we had a snow day today up here in Michigan, so I got the day off...wo wo!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-01-18 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

It is sunny outside here...in the 60's, shorts weather. The last snow day we had was back in the 1980's... now when it freezes down here the whole state shuts down! Texan's can't drive on ice!!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-01-18 8:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Why is it that everything has to be re-adapted for an American audience? Was something wrong the original? It can't be all that acclaimed if it has to be remade to be broadcastable...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-01-19 5:26 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I am watching another episode of V. Although the last time I watched it, season two premiere, I was unimpressed, which coming from me probably means pretty bad to the rest... OMG they just set up a microwave to blow up spectacularly with precise timing. Seriously who wrote this stuff arghhhhh...

man where is the quality SciFi TV? Or for that matter where is quality TV? It's embarrassingly sad that the last recent TV show I enjoyed watching, in a strange way, was last season of Survivor, for crying out loud.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-19 10:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Why do they have to be adapted for American TV? Well, I tried watching Law and Order: UK, but I couldn't hardly understand them half of the time...and then the British idiosyncracies are just so removed from the American standard...as well as the legal process, well I just gave up on it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-01-19 11:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That statement makes me sad.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-01-19 1:35 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I have said this before...it seems that everything is a remake, sequel, spin-off, or a flat out copy of a copy of a copy...
This is a list of film remakes:

Due to the size of this page, the main listing has been split into two sections:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_remakes And that list is just movies....
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-19 2:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You shouldn't be sad C:Amie...if it is any consolation, I get just as lost trying to understand my own society, the cultural language differences, the age-group related differences, the often sloppy and lazy method that the youth today use in speaking...hell, and that is just in my own state.

Incorporate the entire United States into the equation, and I can barely communicate here...let alone in a foreign nation. And yet, they (the citizens) would all claim that they are speaking English! I bet you would argue that you probably are the only true English speakers, and that us Americans have bastardized the phoentics and mislabeled what we speak...and I'd probably agree with you.

How simple life would be with just a 500 word vocabulary....
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-01-20 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Rich Hawley - 2011-01-19 2:10 AM

Why do they have to be adapted for American TV? Well, I tried watching Law and Order: UK, but I couldn't hardly understand them half of the time...and then the British idiosyncracies are just so removed from the American standard...as well as the legal process, well I just gave up on it.

Remember the scene when Austin Powers was speaking English English with his father (in gold member)?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-01-26 11:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I'm watching Defying Gravity on DVD... looks pretty good so far. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1319690/
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8