x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Next »
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-01-27 1:49 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Nah I watched a few episodes on TV when it was on... nothing to make me keep watching at all. I just wanted to see the girl naked and was really disappointed The story had no hook. It's just a bunch of "hmm? what? huh?" without any "I want to know." In the end, I didn't want to know. Sorry.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-01-27 10:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2011-01-20 10:21 PM

Rich Hawley - 2011-01-19 2:10 AM

Why do they have to be adapted for American TV? Well, I tried watching Law and Order: UK, but I couldn't hardly understand them half of the time...and then the British idiosyncracies are just so removed from the American standard...as well as the legal process, well I just gave up on it.

Remember the scene when Austin Powers was speaking English English with his father (in gold member)?
Nope...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-01-27 1:18 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

takwu - 2011-01-26 7:49 PM

Nah I watched a few episodes on TV when it was on... nothing to make me keep watching at all. I just wanted to see the girl naked and was really disappointed The story had no hook. It's just a bunch of "hmm? what? huh?" without any "I want to know." In the end, I didn't want to know. Sorry.

I see your point Takwu, I have watched the first disk from Netflix and the story seems to be going really slow...I think I will space them out a bit and see where it goes. It seems like it will get better because the first three episodes have been dedicated to the character development. I think they could have cut out a lot of the "Hmm, what, and huh... Those episodes could have been placed into one really good episode. Also, the flash backs would have worked better if thet given a better frame of reference. It was confusing.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-01-29 4:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2011-01-27 2:54 AM

takwu - 2011-01-20 10:21 PM

Rich Hawley - 2011-01-19 2:10 AM

Why do they have to be adapted for American TV? Well, I tried watching Law and Order: UK, but I couldn't hardly understand them half of the time...and then the British idiosyncracies are just so removed from the American standard...as well as the legal process, well I just gave up on it.

Remember the scene when Austin Powers was speaking English English with his father (in gold member)?
Nope...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pTXi9Z2AYA
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-01-29 1:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That's bastardised cockney rhyming slang.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-01-31 9:24 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

It is very strange...I heard a long time ago that the actor who played the character Willow in the movie Willow had committed suicide. This was so many years ago I can't even remember when I heard it. I don't remember seeing him in anything since and I never doubted it...well I have seen him since. It seems like I am a big fan of his...his name is Warwick Davis. He has been in two Star Wars movies and almost every Harry Potter film... and a lot of other films. Even The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy...playing the part of Marvin. Yes, the same Marvin in my signature. Long live Warwick Davis!!!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001116/
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-01-31 10:58 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well I didn't know either. But other than Willow, most of his roles in big films were with special make-ups, or just voice, and were minor characters, so it's hard to tell it's him.

I have yet to see Narnia 2 and 3. Hmm maybe next time I feel like renting a BD movie!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-02-01 12:22 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

takwu - 2011-01-31 4:58 PM

Well I didn't know either. But other than Willow, most of his roles in big films were with special make-ups, or just voice, and were minor characters, so it's hard to tell it's him.

I have yet to see Narnia 2 and 3. Hmm maybe next time I feel like renting a BD movie!

Yeah...that's what I was trying to say...I had not "seen" him in a movie since...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-02-01 7:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I just saw an episode of The Cape. Summer Glau is awesome (love that rig!). But as usual on TV these days, some big holes. Why does he have to walk the high line, when he could've zipped right through in much less time and much more easily? Thankfully there aren't TOO many of such holes. I'll give it another try next week. The preview looks good.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-02-05 4:49 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Over the past few weeks I have been watching the rest of season one of Heroes. I finally finished it today and I somewhat enjoyed it... I may start the next season... Is it worth the effort?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-05 10:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I liked them all and was sorry they discontinued the series...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-02-17 2:31 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I watched "Hunter Prey" last night. For a low budget scifi flick it was pretty good. Special effects and make up and acting left a lot to be desired but the camera work and story line were good. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270291/
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-17 7:27 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I watched the first disk of the first season of The Walking Dead today, WOW, if you like Zombie flicks you will love this series! It is great!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-03-17 8:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Love the zombie flicks. Meijer's had the first season CDs with a coupon...ended up costing me $12. Not too shabby... The extras on the CD has a nice compressed video of that girl being made up that you see in the pilot, the one crawling through the grass with only the upper half of her torso...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Battle for Los Angeles 2011 flick...I saw it last weekend and thought it was a 9.5 out of 10....very good movie, action packed from beginning to end....
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-03-18 11:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Wow really? The critiques aren't too fond of Battle LA. So maybe I'll see it afterall, if I can get a date

It's quite sad though that you are talking about zombies. There is still no sci-fi TV worth talking about. I am still watching Survivor! Ok that was totally OT, but that means there's nothing good on TV. Well there is Nikita, but they took like a 4 week break so no new ep until next next week, and that's not even sci-fi, just a thriller. I am just not into drama where the good production seems to be nowadays, nor am I into crime shows either, which is where some sci-fi people have ended up in.

BTW I've been catching up on Batman The Animated Series and Batman Beyond on DVDs (aired in the 90's). Afraid of running out of those goodies I bought Superman The Animated Series on DVD today. I figured might as well watch that before I get Justice League.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8