x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Next »
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-04-06 4:08 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

We just watched Tron 2... I guess it was good. Just not what I expected.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-06 12:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I need to watch it. I remember going to see the original. When I saw the previews I was pleased to see Jeff Bridges was in this one as well. It will be interesting to see the advances in computer graphics of the new versus the old...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-04-06 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

The graphics were great. Acting was good. Story was good. but the graphics were great. I wish we could have gone and seen it in the theatres! I think it was made in 3D. I don't know what I was expecting but liked it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-04-17 10:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

New Red Dwars Series (Red Dwarf X) planned for 2012:
http://llewblog.squarespace.com/red-dwarf/

"In November this year we start to record a new series of 6 episodes, presently titled Red Dwarf X. I’m not sure of the Broadcast dates but we finish recording them in early February 2012." - Robert Llewellyn Blog, "Smegtastic"
 Top of the page
Viriato Page Icon Posted 2011-04-18 12:26 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

For me, the funniest Sci-Fi short movie ever was "The First Moon Landing" by NASA*.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMINSD7MmT4

*NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

P.s. "Space Administration" There really are no limits to fiction. Go and gather those alien cows!

Edited by Viriato 2011-04-18 12:41 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-04-23 9:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The new series of Dr. Who kicks off tonight with a special filmed in the US of A none the less.

Tonight UK Trailer:

Tonight BBC America Trailer (which interestingly is broadcasting tonight as well):

Series trailer 1:

Series Trailer 2:
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 4:22 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Back on topic! I read somewhere that they will be releasing the sequel to the new Star Trek next year and another Batman. I have said it before and am saying it again, I am sick of all of the sequels and remakes these days. I even read that they might make a reboot of Superman... Where is the originality?

Edited by Yoldering 2011-04-27 4:31 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 4:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hey, the Green Lantern is a new one coming out! It looked good to me. He was always my favorite super hero...imagine wearing a ring and you could make anything you wanted, as long as it was green.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 5:56 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hey rich if you really feel like geeking out you should check out the green lantern's emerald twilight series if you haven't already done so. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Twilight
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 6:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'll check it out...however I quit buying the comics back in the mid-60s. I gave a whole bunch to my nephew a couple years ago...from the early 60s... He actually paid for a couple of semesters of college selling them. Not bad when I only paid 10-12 cents for them new...

But I will go see the movie when it comes out for sure...bet most of the people there are old farts like me...

BTW, my little brother always used to wear a yellow shirt when we played superhero, just so I would have no effect on him as the Green Lantern....I always carried around a piece of coal I painted green (Kryptonite), as he wanted to be Superman....
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 6:51 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Ha, that is fantastic Rich! I wish I would have thought about that when we were little. I was always Luke Skywalker or a ninja. Kryptonite would have helped out a lot against Superman!

(LukeSkywalker.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments LukeSkywalker.jpg (27KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Viriato Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 8:17 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Someone censored some posts in this thread! Science Fiction is fiction about science.
Some ignorant bastards ignore that history itself has a fictional structure. Someone felt uneasy with the idea that all US propaganda fabricated by NASA about the Moon landing is a farce. This is an off topic science fiction thread, and I am a member of this community so you have no right to try to silence me.

The Apollo hoax has been exposed!
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

Can you silence the truth?

Edited by Viriato 2011-04-27 9:05 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 9:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It wasn't censorship...and I apologize Virato. It was getting off topic and I was trying to move them to a new thread, like CEGeek does, and I guess I screwed up and didn't work it out. You will notice that I didn't move your first post above, only the ones I had written and those inclusive in between.

I'm still trying to learn how to manipulate the threads to put them in the proper forum, and I screwed up....sorry.

But feel free to start a new thread in the off-topic area, then we won't be hi-jacking the sci-fi and movies discussion area...
 Top of the page
Viriato Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 11:30 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I believe you. I like fiction and I see it as a source of inspiration for science. But fake science is an obstacule to progress. The United States of America are not to be trusted. As Freud once said, "America is a mistake, a huge mistake". So, you are all going the wrong way, based on false principles and conceptions. You just don't see you are fooling yourselves in the first place. Fiction is a pleasant excercise in the imaginary but you should not present it as real when it is not.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-04 6:03 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich, I will be receiving the movie Skyline in the mail today. I will let you know what I think.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10