x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... Next »
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-17 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Tak,
Did you see in in 2D or 3D? The ONLY reason I would go to see this would be to see it in 3D, however, going out to movies has become so expensive these days...I didn't even see Tron in 3D... I will be waiting to see Thor on home release if at all.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-05-18 12:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I saw Thor in 2D, because my friend said it's made 3D after filming, which doesn't work too well. I think 2D isn't too expensive, but 3D is, so make sure it's worth it.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-18 1:08 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Speaking of 3D, I went into BestBuy this past weekend and checked out the 3D TVs... Pretty cool technology. Way too much money though.

Oh, and SGU has gotten pretty interesting!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-18 9:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm not into 3d. I read a university research report on the subject when they first started releasing consumer TV's the gist of which basically said that they're a time bomb for ruining you sight. Anything more than an hour and a half of exposure a day and you may as well be randomly firing lasers into your eyes.

Where are you up to Yoldering?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-18 12:04 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Just finished the episode where Dr. Rush and the civilians took over half of the ship and the colonel got it back.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-19 2:43 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I finally saw the preview for the new TV show Terra Nova...Looks like it could be pretty good. http://www.fox.com/terranova/
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-19 2:51 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

It kinda reminds me of SGU a bit along with a few other shows and movies...I guess they don't care about destroying the Earth with one huge paradox...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-05-19 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I thought it was obviously an "endurance" version of Jurassic Park stories; you know, you're trying to survive dinosaurs, like forever That kid in JP3 lasted long enough (which kinda reminds me of the girl in Aliens).

Maybe Speilberg couldn't find a good excuse to make JP4 (but we all know he wants to) so he made this instead

I'm not sure why 3D can damage your eyes? I guess it depends on the technology, and the projection type used in theatres can't really hurt you?

But I agree that if you're still developing your eyesight, as Nintendo suggests 6 yrs or younger, then 3D display can screw up your perceptions. The obvious reason is that 3D display works on the stereoscopic perception, but leaves your focus constant, which conflicts with one another. Similar problems with motion sickness especially in "first person" games where you control the camera.

I guess I am lucky I don't have a lot of problems with 3D displays. I can play 3DS games in medium 3D settings all day long (if only the battery lasts that long )
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-20 9:24 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

General O'neil is now on the ship in a CPL's body...It was good to see Daniel Jackson again...

Edited by Yoldering 2011-05-20 9:37 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-20 9:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CLP?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-20 9:36 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I meant CPL...A CPL (Corporal) is a NCO or Non-Commissioned Officer. An enlisted rank E-4, just below a SGT Sergeant. When the General arrived on the ship and looked at his rank he said "a CPL, really" like he was offended to be in a junior NCO's body.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-20 9:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ah, CPL I know what that means

Things get interesting here on out, sadly the ratings fell through the floor for some reason
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 10:47 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Right now I don't trust Dr. Rush, and I am wondering when LDP (Lou Diamond Phillips) will return. Don't ruin it for me.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-25 9:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Right now no one trusts Rush! So you're in good company.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-05-27 11:19 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

WOOOHOOO!!!! the seed ship just came to the rescue!!!!
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8