x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-10 11:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Badly

Someone else who shares my view on that then... I was starting to think I was the only one.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-11 12:26 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

So did you watch every season/series?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-11 10:14 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, I'm afraid to report that I did
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-11 12:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm going to see Super 8 today...supposed to be a 4 out of 4 start sci-fi flick. Will let you know....
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-11 8:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm back...saw the movie Super 8. Not bad...pretty good overall. Great for the wife and kids who want simple entertainment. Here is my synopsis without giving away any of the facts:

Story evolves around a boy, Joe, who with his friends, is shooting a zombie movie to enter into a movie competition. The boy has in the last few months lost his mother, who died in an industrial accident. During the filming, they capture a train wreck on film. Shortly thereafter, people start disappearing, dogs leave the county, the Air Force comes in to manage the train accident since the train carried simple aircraft parts. The boy's father is the lead deputy sheriff who is trying to get to the truth and the root of the crisis, which eventually he does and the movie climaxes into a grand finale.

Other comments: The movie is slow in the beginning, and it isn't until halfway through the movie we start to understand what really is going on, though any sci-fi fan will have figured it all out long before. At that point, the action intensifies and the pace quickens.

The entire synopsis and summary are online at "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_8_(film)"

The only thing they have wrong is the train crash isn't on an old farm, rather it is at an old railway station. Dr. Woodward intentionally drives his pickup onto the tracks causing the derailment. Of course there is the underlying pre-teen romance developing between Joe and Alice, daughter of the drunk who was indirectly responsible for Joe's mother's death, and hated by Joe's father, the deputy.

Anyways, the whole movie takes place in 1980, as you will see with all the gas-hog automobiles....which I remember well, and anyone my age will enjoy the trip down memory lane. I especially appreciated the Air Force uniforms and such as I was active duty US Air Force in 1980...the old pickle green suits with the blue and white stripes...same as I wore when I entered active duty in 1972...

Like I said, take the kids, take the wife, take lots of popcorn...but don't expect to discover yourself holding your breath...it is just not that intense.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-12 3:10 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

We went and saw X-Men: The First Class, today and it was a really good movie. It answers a lot of questions. I recommend it to anyone. My wife even really liked it.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 1:15 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

By the way Rich, thank you for your review. I did not have time to read it yesterday. I forgot to mention about X-Men, after the movie my wife wanted to stop at the video store and rent X-Men Orgins: Wolverine, because she liked The First Class so much and she isn't into scifi at all.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-13 7:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Back in the 60s I had every X-men comic made...from issue #1 up to #170 something and then I quit collecting. I fantasized about having Jean Grey's powers...esp, telekinesis...the thought of being able to make some girl's clothes fall off of her by using my mind, while she was standing up in class was always a pre-teen fantasy of mine...over and over and over and over...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-06-14 10:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I would rather be Mystique, so I can be anyone's friend, boyfriend, husband, sister, doctor... Actually I wonder why Mystique doesn't do stuff like that more often
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-15 7:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I always wanted to be a girl...just for an hour or two...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 5:09 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I really don't want to finish SGA...so am going to give Flash Forward a try.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 5:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Where did you get to? What's "finished you off"?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Michael just invaded Atlantis...about 5 episodes left. I just need a long break! It is the same reason I stopped watching before. Recycled shows...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 5:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ug.. Todd and Michael. Bad memories.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-06-19 10:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Fallen Skies starts tonight...don't miss it!
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.264 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8