x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next »
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-06-15 8:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I watched some, but haven't seen them all. I'll have to get a hold of them. Liked what I saw though!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-06-16 9:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I watched Lost in Space 101... I foud the direction and story-telling confused. It wasn't especially captivating (proven my my mind wandering off and doing something else). Does it get better?
 Top of the page
Valera Page Icon Posted 2018-11-23 8:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

dr. Whoo one of the best, "big bang theory", "Mr.Robot" my priority Sci-Fi tv shows
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-11-23 3:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Dr. Who is dead. It's ratings are falling through the floor, there's rumours that the new Dr. is quitting, it's turned into a SJW podium for media elite platforming like the entire rest of the BBC and with the decision to move it to Sunday and not to have a XMas episode, I think the BBC realise it too.

That said, it was always horribly written, which is a shame because it could have been something really special. Any show that requires deus ex machina once has problems. A show based around deus ex machina being the solution to every issue in every episode cannot be qualified using existing words in the English langauge.

I've been watching the 2003 Batlestar Galactic reboot recently... another show that started getting preacy and decided that deus ex machina is the answer to all its problems.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-11-23 4:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie, totally agree. SJW nonsense ruins everything. I liked the old Battlestar, but Star Trek TNG, DS9 and Voyager were always my favorites.
 Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2018-11-24 7:13 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I agree with HPC:Fan. Great shows. I liked Enterprise too, but Voyager was my favourite. I have to say that I'm enjoying Star Trek: Discovery a lot too. I'm waiting on the next season.

As for the original Battlestar Galactica, I was 8 and watched every Sunday. I remember being seriously ticked when a press conference with Carter, Sadat, and Begin pre-empted the show. I knew that it was kind of important. Not Baltar-trapped-in-the-ruins-of-Kobol-important, though.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-11-24 9:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Not a fan of Discovery. Was excited for it to come out, but then I started watching it and Michael just comes off as a total piece of sh**. I mean really, she's raised by Vulcans but is overly emotional. Plus, she's absolutely not Starfleet material, and in any other Trek universe she'd never be let near a starship. I did like the crossover into the mirror universe though, I wish that the would have done a mirror universe TV show. Now that would have been interesting.

Plus, the writing on Discovery is clunky. It's not the actresses and actors faults, I've seen them in other shows and they do a bang up job. The failings fall squarely on the producers and writers shoulders on this one.

Mobi, you know of anywhere I could watch the old BSG series? Just got done watching Space 1999 and loved it and want to continue with Scifi from the 70's and 80's.
 Top of the page
Mobi Page Icon Posted 2018-11-24 3:48 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

HPC:Fan - 2018-11-24 1:14 AM

Plus, the writing on Discovery is clunky.

I kind of got into the whole Michael is a strange, unusual character thing. But yeah, you had to put up with clunky writing on Voyager sometimes too.

HPC:Fan - 2018-11-24 1:14 AM

Mobi, you know of anywhere I could watch the old BSG series? Just got done watching Space 1999 and loved it and want to continue with Scifi from the 70's and 80's.

Yes. I'll PM you a link of dubious legality
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2018-11-24 4:58 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Lol, dubious at best! But a good one, thanks! Yeah, Voyager got pretty clunky at times. (But that was at times, I feel the entire Discovery is nothing but clunk!)
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2018-11-26 6:58 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2018-11-23 9:12 AM

Dr. Who is dead. It's ratings are falling through the floor, there's rumours that the new Dr. is quitting, it's turned into a SJW podium for media elite platforming like the entire rest of the BBC and with the decision to move it to Sunday and not to have a XMas episode, I think the BBC realise it too.

That said, it was always horribly written, which is a shame because it could have been something really special. Any show that requires deus ex machina once has problems. A show based around deus ex machina being the solution to every issue in every episode cannot be qualified using existing words in the English langauge.

I've been watching the 2003 Batlestar Galactic reboot recently... another show that started getting preacy and decided that deus ex machina is the answer to all its problems.

I guess I am behind the times but I had to look up what SJW was. As for Dr. Who, I am like three doctor's back at least, I have no idea where I left off. I miss Rose though. She was my favorite!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-11-26 10:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Jenna Louise Coleman <3
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2018-11-27 12:31 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Who here likes Person of Interest Series?

I wish it didn't end that way...
 Top of the page
Valera Page Icon Posted 2018-12-19 10:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Valera - 2018-11-23 8:56 AM

dr. Whoo one of the best, "big bang theory", "Mr.Robot" my priority Sci-Fi tv shows

I'm often on a trip so watching all TV shows on my phone with Netflix http://netflix.uptrivial.com/en/us/android/

What app are you using?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2018-12-19 10:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've just hit series 4 in BSG. They've changed "something". I can't quite put my finger on it, but I've become slightly less engaged with the first 4 of the series.

What should I do next?

Dark Matter
Black Mirror
The Last Ship
The Man in the High Castle
Firefly
Altered Carbon
Mr. Robot
Jessica Jones (series 2)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2018-12-19 3:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Last ship is stupid… watched all 4 seasons. Loved the original book… fantastic, but tv series deviated too much, then they just made stuff up to create episodes.

Dark Matter I liked, then they cancelled it without any final resolution…leaves you hanging.

You might like Mr. Robot since a lot of it is computer/internet hacking, or you might not because you know how much bs it really is.

Man in the…pretty good series showing life if Germany had won WW2…more drama and human interaction, really no scifi in the pure sense.

Black Mirror great… an anthology of short stories, reminds me of the old Outer Limits

My all time favorite series was the remake of Battlestar Galacta and Lost.

My favorite current shoe is The Orville
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11