x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-01-29 8:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2020-01-29 3:02 AM

Data's daughter… boring…

Hush you. I'll take it over reboot / retcon nonsense that we've had to contend with since 2002.

It's different, thematic, topical. Good Roddenberry writing.

Also:

Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 1:13 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Have not updated in a while, a lot of stuff going on! I do have to say that I enjoyed the most recent crossover episodes from the CW and the past ones along with the shows involved. Might need to check out Black Lightning. Sad to see Arrow going away but I completely understand. Seems that John Diggle may become a Green Lantern (New Show) in the near future though. Have watched a bunch of Science Fiction over the past few months... Will have to list them later. Netflix has a series"V Wars" decent story but the vampires could have looked better. Loved Altered Carbon! Currently catching up with Marvel's Runaways which is interesting.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 1:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Just watched 2nd epiode of Picard… getting better.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 1:28 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Also, I have to say I've loved the Mandalorian so far. I've only watched 6 episodes but they are great.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 4:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I am also half way through Mandalorian...

But watching Titans as well. After the first season "ending without ending" I was not sure I wanted to start season 2... But so glad I did as it is better... so far. I'll update when I finish it.

Arrowverse crossover was really fun, especially for DC fans. They have included so many references to past DC live action films/shows it's quite unthinkable - yet they did it. Since then tho I have been behind on watching the shows. Never really followed Legends so want to start now. Never watched Black Lightning either but since they got combined into Earth Prime I will start watching. Also Batwoman should be interesting after the merge...

Looking forward to Stargirl too.

Between all that and movies I have a long watch list at the moment.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 4:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Sorry to double post but it's not related...

Did everyone watch Rise of Skywalker yet? I did...
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 5:55 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I watched Rise of Skywalker with an old friend of mine.

I actually thought it was better than I had expected. But a little too much Star Destroyers.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 9:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yoldering - 2020-01-31 1:13 AM

Have not updated in a while, a lot of stuff going on! I do have to say that I enjoyed the most recent crossover episodes from the CW and the past ones along with the shows involved. Might need to check out Black Lightning. Sad to see Arrow going away but I completely understand. Seems that John Diggle may become a Green Lantern (New Show) in the near future though. Have watched a bunch of Science Fiction over the past few months... Will have to list them later. Netflix has a series"V Wars" decent story but the vampires could have looked better. Loved Altered Carbon! Currently catching up with Marvel's Runaways which is interesting.
I might go back to finish series 7 and 8 of Arrow, but beyond that I think I'd rather my brain melt than suffer the contrived and painful plot devices from bad writing on Flash and the tripe that LoT rapidly became after they parted with Arthur Darvill.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am over all this comic book super hero stuff. Look at the ratings on all of these. I think everyone is fatigued at this point.

Arrow:

Flash:

LoT:

SG:

BL:

I have been meaning to give Altered Carbon a try at some point. I have hardly watched any TV for the last 6+ months though.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 10:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2020-01-31 4:29 AM

Sorry to double post but it's not related...

Did everyone watch Rise of Skywalker yet? I did...
Nope. Should I even bother? the last two were a decided "no" for me on that question.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 1:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

it is perfectly natural for ratings to drop when these shows always connect to previous episodes. most people would not start watching a series from the middle, but many stops following for various reasons. that is especially true when a series switched to a different network like supergirl and flash did - i stopped following supergirl after the switch until it came on netflix and then i eventually got cw on cable.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 6:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2020-01-31 1:54 PM

it is perfectly natural for ratings to drop when these shows always connect to previous episodes. most people would not start watching a series from the middle, but many stops following for various reasons. that is especially true when a series switched to a different network like supergirl and flash did - i stopped following supergirl after the switch until it came on netflix and then i eventually got cw on cable.
True, but it doesn't excuse the contribution of increasingly dire writing, desperate plot lines and blowing the escapism that they set out to create when they started.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2020-01-31 9:41 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Forgot to mention the Amazon Prime show "The Boys" is great. And the Netflix show Daybreak.

Edited by Yoldering 2020-01-31 9:48 PM
 Top of the page
Mjolnir Page Icon Posted 2020-04-13 6:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

SyFy dot com is showing all 4 seasons of Battlestar Galactica for free.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2020-04-13 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I like Star Trek Pircard, for the most part. The Data's kid thing is a bit tame, would rather have seen Picard's split with Star Fleet after the Android revolt and his attempt to help the Romulans. I'm hoping season 2 will show us an Enterprise, even for a fleeting moment. I'll even take the Enterprise D permanently docked as a museum ship.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2020-04-14 8:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

HPC:Fan - 2020-04-13 7:06 PM

I like Star Trek Pircard, for the most part. The Data's kid thing is a bit tame, would rather have seen Picard's split with Star Fleet after the Android revolt and his attempt to help the Romulans. I'm hoping season 2 will show us an Enterprise, even for a fleeting moment. I'll even take the Enterprise D permanently docked as a museum ship.

You think they salvaged it after
?

I must admit, I did look to see if we could see Voyager as it is supposed to be a museum ship on the Presidio. Unfortunately the camera angle was wrong.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12