x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-19 7:18 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

stingraze - 2022-09-19 1:24 AM

@C:Amie,
Ah... I used to like SF a lot, and I still do but haven't watched enough new ones recently.
I didn't know Quantum Leap had continuation. Thought it was the first season, lol.

I recently watched the movie Arrival part way, but it wasn't very exciting. I get confused with other similar ones. haha

That rather proves my point,the trailer gives you zero clue that this is supposed to be series 6!!

Ah yes, I remember Arrival. A rather odd film, rather contrived. Reminded me of Contact.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2022-09-19 1:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Yes!! Contact / Arrival are so similar lol. I was kinda confused which was which. (I had to look it up)

Indeed it proves your point on the Quantum Leap!

Edited by stingraze 2022-09-19 1:59 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2022-09-25 1:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Been watching an Epix miniseries, "War of the Worlds." Really good. Nothing like others with the same title.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-09-25 8:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

@Rich Hawley, I agree. Series 1 and 2 were good. I haven't started 3 yet. I was surprised that it came back for series 3 though, I thought it was all wrapped up.

Daisy Edgar-Jones
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-05 5:02 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I just started Roswell New Mexico Season 4. I’m halfway through it. It is an addicting show and this season is a very solid improvement over the last.
I’m still not quite sure it’s better than the old 1999-2002 series. But it has its own charms in different ways.
Plus, Jeanine Mason is gorgeous (lead actress)

Edited by torch 2022-10-05 5:02 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-09 11:01 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ZOMG!

But why are they giving all this away in the trailer... WHY For the love of banana bread, WHY
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-10 9:19 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

That's strange they gave all of that away! Maybe to somehow increase viewership / yet spoil everyone?

I randomly found these videos today:

It imagines the TNG and DS9 intros as Nintendo 64 games

Edit: How do you embed YouTube as an inline player? I can't figure it out
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-11 5:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Very cute.

It is [ video=url]
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2022-12-16 2:48 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I found this...

-stingraze
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-12-16 5:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I hear that the team who produced the expanse have been given control of Star Gate by Amazon now that they have completed the MGM purchase. Brad Wright got dropped from the project a few weeks back. Apparently he wasn't thinking "big" enough.

@stingraze, that trailer was long-winded at getting to the point
It's basically Terra Nova with less people
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2022-12-17 1:52 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2022-12-17 2:27 AM
@stingraze, that trailer was long-winded at getting to the point

Yep...

I never watched Terra Nova btw. Looks like it is indeed similar.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-01-01 10:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Last night, I watched an episode of Star Trek Voyager Season 4 - Mortal Coil.

I never thought I'd watch an episode of Voyager that makes me feel emotional, but it was such a great episode!
The messages in the episode are very thought provoking, and it holds up to this day.
Show spoiler...
Basically Neelix dies but 18 hours later, Seven brings him back to life with Borg probes. However, during the time he was "Dead", he didn't see the Talaxian version of the afterlife, thus creating an existential crisis, and culminating in a suicide attempt by Neelix
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-01-02 9:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I haven't seen Voyager since its production run ended in 2002. I think I've been psychologically avoiding it because I have a memory about from being a kid that I don't want shattered by adult cynicism.

I have re-watched TNG and DS9 though.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 5:40 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

So I just learned about something recently.

https://entertainment.ie/tv/tv-news/that-time-star-trek-the-next-gen...
A hugely topical episode due to political sensitivity, given that Ireland was still in the midst of the Troubles when "The High Ground" aired in 1990.

The result of this short scene, and the general theme of the episode being centred around insurgency as a means to achieve freedom, led to the BBC and Sky putting a ban on showing the episode.

When Sky did show the episode they cut the part about Irish reunification in 2024. In Ireland on RTE the showing of the full episode came with a warning describing the content as "Fictional and Aspirational."

The complete episode was only shown for the first time on the BBC in September 2007, Sky TV soon followed suit and aired the full uncut episode. This was 17 years after the original air-date in the U.S. The full program can now be seen on a number of satellite channels unedited.

This ban covered the area of broadcast/transmission/coverage of the BBC (UK and Ireland), Sky TV (mainly the UK and Ireland at that time, but also including parts of Europe) the 'aspirational notice' placed on the program was by RTE (Ireland).

I was interested in hearing your perspective on it. Obviously, I'm never in favor of censorship per se, however, this scene just seems so shortsighted. It's almost like predicting Puerto Rico will be part of a unified Cuban province (I know there's no direct analogs, nor am I making this analogy equal to NI vs ROI), I'm just trying to think of something as equally provocative to Americans as this episode was for UK/Irish nationals
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 8:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The fate of NI is a matter for the people of NI and not the Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh and especially not North American's.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.235 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8