x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sci-Fi Discussion in TV and Movies

« Prev ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 Next »
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 2:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie - 2023-02-12 1:56 AM

The fate of NI is a matter for the people of NI and not the Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh and especially not North American's.

Wholeheartedly agree. I just think it was completely out of touch to have that scene.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-21 10:33 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

So!! What did everyone think of Picard 301?

Did you spot (and hear) the potential foreshadowing and Easter eggs in the end credits?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2023-02-22 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Very nice UI, C:Amie.

My find on YouTube for all you Star Trek fans. (A bit tangent but)

Edited by stingraze 2023-02-22 3:21 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-03-10 9:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

So, anyone else been watching Picard?

Thoughts?

I see that there are rumours that Amazon are moving towards re-introducing SG1!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-03-11 4:17 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie - 2023-03-10 2:41 PM

So, anyone else been watching Picard?

Thoughts?

I see that there are rumours that Amazon are moving towards re-introducing SG1!

I haven't watched any Picard yet. I've actually started a DS9 rewatch recently, as well as listening to Cirroc Lofton/Aron Eisenberg's podcasts while I go during their own rewatch.
I think I'll start Picard when I finish DS9. I'm in the final seven episodes of season one. Getting prepared to ugly cry during Episode 19: Duet.
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-03-11 7:58 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm watching Picard. But I missed the last episode because my wife used to watch a series the whole day. Argh.
Season 3 is a perfect example of how to go back to the roots. Even the episode titles in that blue color are the same like in the TNG series.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-03-12 11:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm liking it, so far at least.

I liked series 1 and 2, in so far as they were better than any new-trek since Voyager ended... however the nonsense levels were high and just detracted from either immersion or sanity over what was necessary for the writers to indulge in - "Picard is now an android"... The whole "10 Forward" debacle. No. Just no. This just feels better and is more engaging for it.

I personally wish they hadn't renewed Discovery. It is so awful. I have forced myself to watch all 4 series and it has become a worse and worse chore with each one.

SNW (for the most part), very good though
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-03-12 12:12 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The worst debakel is that Kirk died in Star Trek Generations. In every Star Trek series they can add an old character as a cameo without Kirk.

When I watch Picard I get hungry to watch the TNG series again.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-03-12 1:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I re-did TNG during Covid. Good times.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2023-04-02 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Howdy all! I guess I did not understand what the show Picard was about until this past week. It was brought up on a discussion. I am going to try and watch it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-04-02 4:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Series 3 is... SOOO GOOOD.

I think you'd be allowed to call it TNG series 8.
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2023-04-04 12:31 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Yes I am very much enjoying Picard S3, I agree they have captured a lot of the feel from TNG!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-04-05 1:48 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Nice to hear from you again, Yoldering.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2023-04-15 2:38 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

CE Geek - 2023-04-04 7:48 PM

Nice to hear from you again, Yoldering.

Thanks CE Geek! I have no idea where the time has gone! I guess I have been just busy with life. I have been reading a lot this past year. I will give you a run down of my most recent books since January. They are Sci-Fi of course...

The summery of each of these books are my own words and from my memory...so, please don't take offense if I wrote anything incorrectly.

Earnest Cline
Ready Player 1 & 2 - The first one was great and better than the movie. Second one less Sci-Fi and more pop-culture references (as opposed to sci-fi pop culture), though it gave me nostalgia from my youth. Involved battles with iterations of the artist formerly known as Prince...(which I skipped over of course)

Armada - I really enjoyed this book and I swear that it was a movie already!

G. J. Ogden
The Planetsider Trilogy
Future Earth after an industrial disaster that caused massive death. Most people over a certain age die... If you are not immune, you lose all empathy and human emotion and become violent, eventually turning into a monster... 100 years later, the remaining humans are hunter gatherers...A ship crash lands with two people on a mission from the moon base... Good trilogy! It is free on Prime Reading

John Scalzi
Old Man's War
Distant future on Earth... Once you reach the age of 75 years old you have the opportunity to volunteer for the Colonial Defense Forces... Where the volunteer's are transferred into a 20 year old super version of themselves...go to basic training, and eventually go onto to defend the human colonies. There are 4-5 books in the series. I loved the first one, but am reading another book at the moment that I have been waiting to read...

Marie Lu
Legend Series
Dystopian future - Two opposite young people Day and June are set on a collision course when June's brother is murdered and she thinks Day is responsible... Good series with a lot of twists and turns...

Christopher Farnsworth
Reunion
I have also read his previous series The President's Vampire which I really liked. Reunion is great! 4 childhood friends each with special gifts are called back home to do battle with an ancient evil... I am halfway finished with it...

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-04-15 9:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Picard 309

I know it's member berries... but shut-up and take my money

How can there only be 1 episode left?!?!
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9