x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Intermec 6651 Disk Clean up or defrag pc2000

armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 9:36 AM
#
Could someone tell me where the disk clean up is located on the Intermec? I know on my laptop I can go to accessories / sys tools and do disk clean up or even defrag. I am running low on memory and space. I purchased on ebay and this person still has a lot of things on it. I am scared to just go and delete. Afraid I might delete something that it needs. Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

just look at remove programs in control panel. it works like on mainstream windows. uninstall every program you don't need (don't just delete programs instead of uninstalling!)
you won't need defragmenting, a soft reset is enough for that or you mean your storage card?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 5:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

armymom84.

You don't need to be afraid with deleting things on Windows CE. Unlike with a laptop or desktop should the worst case happen, it's a two minute job to get up and running. There are no computer disk wipes involved.

If things are really messy then a hard reset will certainly tidy it up, you'll have to perform a data restore first - I would imagine though that the pervious owner did this before sending it to you.

Info on Hard Resetting is here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0034.asp

The device doesn't come with Degfrag or disk cleanup. There generally isn't all that much to delete.
Clear out \Temp and clear your Internet cache, the rest are log files really.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

armymom84 - 2005-05-28 9:36 AM

Could someone tell me where the disk clean up is located on the Intermec? I know on my laptop I can go to accessories / sys tools and do disk clean up or even defrag. I am running low on memory and space. I purchased on ebay and this person still has a lot of things on it. I am scared to just go and delete. Afraid I might delete something that it needs. Thanks in advance.

Hi there Armymom84 - by the way, how did you manage with Cash Organizer ?

As for your clean up/defrag question, StorageTools from Softwinter does a pretty good job at defragmentation (www.softwinter.com). I've used it on virtual disk, CF cards, HD and RAM without any issues. As for a clean up tool, unfortunatela, even when you use the uninstall function of the Control Panel to remove programs you no longer need, Windows CE leaves tracks all over the registry. I wish there was a tool that would clean up the registry, but unfortunately there aren't any that I know of. In any case, you may to take Storage Tools for a spin - I like it, not something I run often but when I do, things are noticeably running faster afterwards. My two cents. HTH,

Cheers!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 8:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

JM Frouin was working on a clean-up app to do just that, but currently has stopped writing - all head to http://snoogie.free.fr/ and bug him about it
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 9:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2005-05-30 8:31 AM

JM Frouin was working on a clean-up app to do just that, but currently has stopped writing - all head to http://snoogie.free.fr/ and bug him about it

You bet I will ... perhaps I'll get Cindy and Aunt Bea to join in!
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 2:00 PM
#
Hi Uncle Ben, I love it and purchased it. I left you a reply on the cash organizer 2000 thread. Thanks!!!
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 2:02 PM
#
I'm with you Uncle Ben!!
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-01 2:09 PM
#
Well I tried to go with you.... But no English....
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-06-02 4:12 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

armymom84 - 2005-06-01 2:00 PM

Hi Uncle Ben, I love it and purchased it. I left you a reply on the cash organizer 2000 thread. Thanks!!!

Hey, look at this, this is two strikes in a row! Glad you like it!

Cheers!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 27