x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 770 freezes when turned on

Desertway Page Icon Posted 2009-01-17 12:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

While waiting for a new keyboard for my Jornada 720, I fired up my old 770 which I plan to give to my daughter to use. It has been hard reset, and the only things I installed were AIM, nPopUk, and the Agere driver for my wireless card. Only the Agere driver loads at boot. When this was my primary machine I used all these and more, and had no freezing problem. Now every time I turn it on, it freezes and I have to restart it. Then it's fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-01-17 12:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

First, determine the problem for the freeze. Perform another hard reset and then check to make sure it isn't freezing. Then install the Agere driver by itself and see what happens. If freezing reoccurs, then find another (perhaps older or newer version) of the driver and try that one.

If the 770 doesn't freeze, then try installing each of the other programs one at a time until you can figure out what is going on.

Question: are you booting with the wifi card inserted? If so, then try it without the wifi card inserted and see what happens.
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2009-01-17 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks, Rich. I did another hard reset (no big deal when you running only 3 additional programs). The only thing I changed when installing was running AIM in main memory instead of the storage card. Everything seems fine now.

Another quick question: I don't remember if there is a way to disable the "Do you want to run this PC card from Battery" warning. Is there a utility? Thanks again.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-17 2:45 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Desertway - 2009-01-17 1:06 PM

Another quick question: I don't remember if there is a way to disable the "Do you want to run this PC card from Battery" warning. Is there a utility?

It's most likely a registry setting, but there is at least SmallTweak that can disable that warning message.
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2009-01-17 3:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I found SmallTweak, and the option to turn off the battery warning is greyed out. Maybe it doesn't work on MobilePro. I can live with it. Thanks.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-17 4:21 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hmm, that's strange. Maybe cmonex knows the actual registry entry.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-01-18 5:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCMCIA]
"NoBatteryCheck"=dword:00000001
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2009-01-18 12:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2009-01-18 2:41 AM

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCMCIA]
"NoBatteryCheck"=dword:00000001

Excellent! Thank you!
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-18 3:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

That tidbit of information might be worthy of inclusion in a CESD somewhere, since googling for such does not reveal that registry location.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 8