x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SMC EZ PC Card SMC8022BT/T compatibility

mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-01-28 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I got my mp780 in the mail today and am trying to get an ol' trusty SMC EZ PC Card SMC8022BT/T wired LAN card working on it. I've had this card for a long time and know it is compatible with CE 2.1x since I used to use this very card on my old Casio E-10x PsPC with no problems.

According to HCL, it's compatible with CE 2.0 and CE 4.2 and no driver is required. From what I remember back when I had my Casio, it initially prompted me for the driver name and I would just type in "ne2000" to use the generic ne2000 driver and it would work fine. I am trying this same method on the mp780 and it's not working. Once I insert the card and give it the ne2000 driver name, the link led lights up and the tx/rx light occasionally flickers. However, when I go to make tcp/ip changes for my network, it requires me to reinsert the card for the changes to take effect. However when I do that, both leds on the dongle flash on for a second and then go off.

In the registry under HKLM/Drivers/PCMCIA it is listing the card as "UNKNOWN_MANUFACTURER-455F." I even tried changing my ne2000 tcp/ip settings, deleting that registry entry, reinserting the card, and typing the ne2000 name in again hoping it would pick up the ne2000 tcp/ip settings so that the network connection would work. However, that was not the case.

The reason I'm even bothering with this is because the serial sync is agonizing slow, the fastest I'm able to successfully get connected to my desktop at is 57600 (115k never connects ).
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2009-01-29 3:02 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I thought I'd type NE2000NDS as I always type PRISMNDS or ISLP2NDS for Prism-based WiFi cards.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9