x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need HP Jornada 720 WiFi Card Help!!

1 2
patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-05 4:21 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CE Geek - 2009-03-04 5:18 PM

As explained above, make sure you are installing the Handheld PC version of the "2577" CAB file, as opposed to the Pocket PC version. This still sounds like a conflict with mfcce300.dll. Can you look for that file in \Windows on your 720, select File -> Properties, and let us know the size of that file in bytes? (By any chance, have you installed any Pocket PC programs on your 720?)

it's just redgear, that mess up.
Redgear is rather buggy with several apps; well, better than nothing

by the way, why redgear, since OPERA is damn slow and we got to register; $$?
 Top of the page
jo1234la Page Icon Posted 2009-03-05 5:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek

Reply to :
As explained above, make sure you are installing the Handheld PC version of the "2577" CAB file, as opposed to the Pocket PC version. This still sounds like a conflict with mfcce300.dll. Can you look for that file in \Windows on your 720, select File -> Properties, and let us know the size of that file in bytes? (By any chance, have you installed any Pocket PC programs on your 720?)

I have not installed anything into this thing but I did buy it used. I have hard reset this several times thinking that would wipe out all non factory files. I can look for the file and post back in a minute
 Top of the page
jo1234la Page Icon Posted 2009-03-05 6:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

How do I find that fiel or where is it located not having much luck

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-05 6:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's in \Windows. make sure you've checked "Show all files" under View -> Options in My Handheld PC.

patrick295767, in my testing of RedGear, the only bug I've seen is with GAPI, and isotherm's addressing that in the next version. (Anyway, you can always disable RedGear before opening new applications.)
 Top of the page
jo1234la Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 10:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I don't have Redgear and just bought it. I have not installed it as of yet but will be trying soon. Why was it important to see the file size of my dll file? What does that tell us?

Also will Redgear be the better way to go in the installation of my wifi card? Should I install redgear first then the card?
 Top of the page
jo1234la Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I have done something to my Jonada 720. I did several things sucha s installed the redgear software and tried to get my wifi working but now the HP will not even boot up after several hard reboots the machine comes up to the white HP Invent Screen and stays there you can soft boot it but it comes up the same location.

Does anyone know what's going on and how do I fix this Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 2:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It doesn't sound like you've fully hard reset the 720. Leave both the main and backup batteries out for at least an hour or so to make sure.

The size of the mfcce300.dll file will tell us if it's the H/PC 2000 version or the Pocket PC version.
 Top of the page
luminous_lauren Page Icon Posted 2012-08-09 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi, i have a jornada as well and i was having the same problem. i got that fixed and read the manual you post for handheld pc. My wireless config utility does not pop up automatically like it says it should, nor will it open through the start menu? any ideas.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10