x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Disable "Backup Battery Very Low" warning in Aero 8000

PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

So, is there a way to turn off the low backup batter warning? I've done some looking (here & elsewhere) and have found conflicting answers. Can it be taken care of with a registry edit? I know the best solution would be to buy a new backup battery, but I can't justify spending any more $$ on the Aero at this point.

PDXMark
 Top of the page
accornce Page Icon Posted 2009-02-16 12:36 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi - Not sure if there is any way to turn it off- but assuming the backup battery is something like a coin cell 2032 that is only like $4 for two batteries at walmart. Not exactly breaking the bank .
And if the PDA is still useful for you, why wouldn't it be worth putting money into to keep it running nicely .

It's up to you obviously but to me it would be worth it if it's still useful, which I assume it is since your still using it.
Save the planet, and forget the iphones, and keep that old device relevant for longer .
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-16 12:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The Aero 8000 doesn't use CR2032 coin cells - the backup battery is a two-cell pack produced specifically for that device.
 Top of the page
accornce Page Icon Posted 2009-02-16 3:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

My Bad - Looks like the cheapest you can get it is around $25 .
 Top of the page
DarkKnight Page Icon Posted 2009-02-24 8:42 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Just a friendly warning on this - I had lots of trouble trying to find those batteries. Several places showed them as "in stock" on the web, but when we went to order them, they were suddenly "out of stock".
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-24 8:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Couldn't be hard to make a pack, by just identifying which cells it takes.
 Top of the page
DarkKnight Page Icon Posted 2009-02-24 8:49 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I actually tried that by taking the pieces of a dead set apart and replacing them with units from my local electronics store. Unfortunately, there is a fuse inside that is notorious for popping.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-01 11:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

IIRC, cmonex knows how to disable that warning. We'll have to wait until she comes around here again - or you can e-mail her. (Her e-mail address is in her profile.)

While we're discussing re-celling Aero 8000 battery packs, anyone tried doing it with the main battery pack? I was able to pry one of mine part way open to check the cells - couldn't see any numbers, but they did look like 18650s. I suspect mine are going as the Aero 8000 starts to suspend spontaneously once the power level drops into the 60s. (I've seen at least one other Aero 8000 user reporting a similar symptom elsewhere on the Web.) There are some replacement packs still available online, apparently - Trademoon has 'em for about $20 (and extended versions for about $35).
 Top of the page
jholt5638 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-02 6:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have the same issue where mine reaches about 65% it starts suspending randomly but it takes awhile for to get that low.
it holds a good charge though $35 i didn't pay that much for the Aero itself
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 11