x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

foliage ibrowser plus or other SSL browser?

accornce Page Icon Posted 2009-02-12 11:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

It sucks that foliage ibrowser plus can no longer be purchased. As far as I can see it is the only SSL capable browser for the casio e-15 (ce 2.11) - since it doesn't include pocket explorer.

I've tried to contact foliage to see if they would still sell it but they have not responded.
Too bad more companies just don't freely release shareware keys when they no longer wish to sell products.

Does anyone know of another SSL supporting browser for CE 2.11?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 12:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Foliage Software has pretty much closed its doors (to the CE market at least). WorldTalk might work (cmonex hosts it for download on her site) - I've tried it on my E-105, and it will open fine. However, I was never able to connect to the Web with any of my MIPS Palm-size PCs (E-105, E-15, Compaq Aero 2180, or Philips Nino 300). The only Palm-size PC I've successfully connected on is my HP Jornada 430SE (SH3) - with iBrowser (the free version).
 Top of the page
accornce Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 1:40 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek,

Thanks for the tip on worldtalk. I did try to download a copy of that but it didn't seem to load when I clicked on it, but i'll look more into that.
Just out of curiosity how did you try to hook up your MIPS devices to the internet? I got mine working using a sync serial cable, connected to a null modem adapter, connected to a cell phone data cable. It's connecting fine to boost mobile, although very slowly.. but it works for me.
Funny thing is I recently shut off "wireless web" on my boost phone to save money, and was suprised to see that internet was shut down on the phone but they are still letting me tether from my pda .. not sure if it is oversight or what.
 Top of the page
accornce Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 1:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

OH.. and what is the cmonex site? I found the copy of worldtalk on http://mscdex.game-host.org/hsr/ - so if that is a different site I will try to see if that version works.

Edited by accornce 2009-02-13 1:51 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 2:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The download link from cmonex' site is here:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

But the one mscdex hosts on his site is the same one. It's basically a Web browser written for the NEC MobilePro 770/780/790/800/880.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9