x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 2:49 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

looking at picking up an 820, can anyone tell me if tcpmp will run on it? I assume GAPI will not right? thx for the help
 Top of the page
nichostetler Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 4:34 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes it will work on the 820 you can download it here. Be sure you download the one for ARM it should be under the TCPMP 0.71 section.

I also wanted to tell you that I just recently purchased a J820 and I was disappointed by the OS mainly because the web pages were very choppy and loaded very few, if any, pictures. Some guys over at Jlime are working on getting Jlime to work with the Jornada 820 which is great news because this means a MUCH better all around system. So I think it will all be worth it in the end for us J820 users

Hope this helps!
Nic Hosetetler
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 5:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

nichostetler - 2009-02-19 1:34 PM

Some guys over at Jlime are working on getting Jlime to work with the Jornada 820 which is great news because this means a MUCH better all around system. So I think it will all be worth it in the end for us J820 users

Hope this helps!
Nic Hosetetler

Do you know how far along they are? I hadn't heard about a port to the J820, but it would be tremendous if it works.

PDXMark
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 7:00 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Never mind - I found the thread at jlime - http://www.jlime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1577&hilit=jornada&...

I hope they can come up with something workable. I really like the 820's size & feel, and an updated operating system and software would be a blessing.

PDXMark
 Top of the page
nichostetler Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 8:31 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

PDXMark - 2009-02-19 7:00 PM

Never mind - I found the thread at jlime - http://www.jlime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1577&hilit=jornada&...

I hope they can come up with something workable. I really like the 820's size & feel, and an updated operating system and software would be a blessing.

PDXMark

Yep that is the thread although I am messaging snaglpus for updates and he thinks it will be up and running shortly (a week or so). I totally agree with you about how the J820 is, you are right it is a great system as far as how it was made (PCMI card slot, CF Card slot, and touch pad) I cant wait 'till they find out how to make it work. He told me that he is using the j820bootloader from NetBSD to boot Jlime.

Here is the latest info. from Snag

The bootloader is not working properly. Something is causes it to halt. the J820s have only 16m of Ram so I had to increase the memory and tried booting it again. This time it was trying to attached the loader file to the zimage but couldn't. From the Boot screen it does not matter if you choose WD or SD or MD. Maybe for some machine but not this one. However, you do have to attach the bootloader to zimage and that's where the problem seems to be. Everything should work fine but it doesn't. I tried bootstrapping it via my synch cable but doesn't work either. I think the hpcboot program file is hard coded to search for a particular path or file. One way to test this is to run this bootloader on my 750C and see what happens. I've got some C++ guys at work....I'll ask them for assistance and see what they say.

I will keep you guys updated in fact I will probably end up just creating a new thread for this because were kinda off subject of TCPMP
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-20 2:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

yups off topic but still very helpful thanks :-)
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 2:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Any update on this? I've been checking at jlime and haven't seen anything new since mid-February.

Edited by PDXMark 2009-03-06 2:10 PM
 Top of the page
nichostetler Page Icon Posted 2009-03-06 4:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

On March 1st snaglpus informed me that there still weren't any updates. I hope this doesn't mean that they quit working on it, but I'm not sure.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10