x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cisco Aironet 350 question

1 2
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-23 6:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

How can i tell if my aironet card is working? LEDs light up but i'm unable to connect to wifi anymore. connections up to now have been flaky but i wasn't sure if it was my router or the card. right now it seems like the card might be dying but thought i'd hit you guys up and see if you knew of a way i could be certain before i shell out for another card. oh and yeah i've tried two different networks same i'm seeing the same issue....thanks for the tips in advance.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-01 2:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

so i've ordered another 350, but i'm curious, how come my 720 has drivers for what looks like an aironet pc 4800? were these used back then and pretty common? do the built in drivers work with the 350? i fooled around with it a bit but couldn't figure it out.... it almost looks like it's supposed to be a built in set up but i thought my 720 didn't have a built in card???
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-03-01 4:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

hp threw the aironet drivers into the rom. The thing with the aironet though is that you're supposed to match the firmware to the driver version on Cisco's advice, so unless the new card is very old and hasn't been flashed, they probably will not work.
 Top of the page
patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-05 4:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2009-03-01 4:54 AM

hp threw the aironet drivers into the rom. The thing with the aironet though is that you're supposed to match the firmware to the driver version on Cisco's advice, so unless the new card is very old and hasn't been flashed, they probably will not work.

I flashed the card of hte aironet 352, with the 5 versio ndriver
I read in forums that we can SCAN WIFI RADAR wiht winpocketc or ministumbler,
so ??
why not working?

thx
 Top of the page
akaudigger Page Icon Posted 2009-03-10 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'll apologize up front if I'm not HPC savvy enough. I can not get a wireless connection established even though the Aironet Client Utility says its associated. I'm using the Cisco Aironet 350. the firmware is V5.60.21 and the driver is 2.40.03 IE gives me a connection with the server could not be established. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by akaudigger 2009-03-10 6:30 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-10 7:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Threads merged

Unless I'm mistaken, the built-in Aironet drivers on the 720 were for the 340 and may not work with the 350. As can be seen, several users here have had difficulty getting the 350 to work in the 720, even after jumping through the hoops on Cisco's Web site to download an updated driver.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-13 4:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

was able to the 350 working after reloading the drivers. the drivers that come with the jornada for sure don't work. I have no idea what they are for. i have noticed that when i can't connect from time to time i can reset and things go back to normal and can get online again. i did get the other 350 i ordered and noticed it's from singapore instead of china. the singapore one seems to be more reliable so far....not sure if there is a difference in the manufacturing or if the chinese one is just going bad.
 Top of the page
patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-14 5:29 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

jorel101 - 2009-03-13 4:09 PM

was able to the 350 working after reloading the drivers. the drivers that come with the jornada for sure don't work. I have no idea what they are for. i have noticed that when i can't connect from time to time i can reset and things go back to normal and can get online again. i did get the other 350 i ordered and noticed it's from singapore instead of china. the singapore one seems to be more reliable so far....not sure if there is a difference in the manufacturing or if the chinese one is just going bad.

howto: http://patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/jornada/myhardware/working_great...
seek in the thread megaupload/rapidshare, there is the drivers here; or in my posts.

i cant make cisco 352 wifiradar

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-03-14 10:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2009-03-01 10:54 AM

I had a 340 that was plug in and play on the jornada 728

350 of course won't work without installing drivers, but then it will be just fine. tricky part is getting the AP scanner working. but of course if you only use it with known SSID names that's fine.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-15 10:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hey cmonex, think those drivers on your 728 are the same as the 720? if i could get a wifi card that i didn't have to worry about drivers for that would make me happy :-)....i don't know if you've seen my other post about running out of space and having to rebuild but after reloading i'm back to the start of this post and having the same issues as akaudigger again. it looks like it's working but it sure doesn't. i've reloaded my drivers a couple of times but still no luck. darn things seem to be finicky.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-19 10:49 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

ok, I have another question about this. i've reloaded my driver a couple of times on my jornada and i'm curious. Does the connection profile info for the 350 stay with the card or in the jornada? I'm asking because i think there might be something funky somewhere and i want to clean it all out. but when i reload drivers i'm seeing the same old profiles i had before. shouldn't those have been removed when i uninstalled the driver?
 Top of the page
patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-23 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Am I right, is the wifi radar working ??
pcwinc but not stumbler ??

it seems that yes:
Here th e shooots and hardware : http://patrick295767.pa.funpic.org/jornada/myhardware/working_great...

I cant believe in it
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-23 4:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

haven't tried pcwinc or stumbler. i did manage to get my 350 up and running after a hard reset. when removing the cisco drivers some files must stay behind that store profile info. generally speaking it seems to me that by default it connects to whichever router has the strongest signal(even without entering the SSID). lucky for me that's always been my home router. i'm seriously thinking about picking up a 340 the 350 is driving me crazy.
 Top of the page
baby4444
baby4444 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-25 11:59 PM
#
dear people,

i need some good advice.

i just bought a used Jornada 720. I want to surf the Internet wirelessly in cafes.

Which Cisco Aironet card should I buy - 340 or 350?

My Jornada 720 is already pre-loaded with Aironet utility and setup software.

Many thanks, dan
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-03-26 12:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As pointed out above, the built-in driver supports the Aironet 340 series. Some here have made the 350 work on the 720, but it's no easy task.

Conclusion: get a 340.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10