x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linksys WPC11 with CE 2.11

tnoftsger Page Icon Posted 2009-03-11 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok,

i picked up a HP Jornada 820 cheap at a garage sale. I had the Linksys WPC11 ver 3 from an old laptop.
Jornada runs CE ver 3.0 (Core System Version 2.11) with a StrongArm SA-1100 Processor.

I download and installed drivers from wpc11forwince.exe

installation seemed to go well, but when i put the card in the 2 lights blink on momentarily and the Jornada ask:

"Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard:"

i'm not sure what to put here. Nothing seems to work. I read thru CESDH0006 & CESDH0007 using the driver names but nothing, no lights.

when i run the config utility that was installed i get :

"There is no wireless network adapters installed, so the Configuration Utility will quit."

I'm open for suggestions.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2009-03-11 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Look in the Hardware Compatibility List. Somebody has reported it working, so maybe somebody just has it hanging around.

The link takes you (eventually) to Linksys support and you can get the CE driver: http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WPC11/download . It looks like the second one. Presumably the .exe will allow you to choose the version of CE as well as the processor type.

Good luck.
 Top of the page
tnoftsger Page Icon Posted 2009-03-11 6:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Good news, i got the handheld to recognize the device. Now i can't get the DCHP to give me an IP. I can check link quality (100%) and signal strength (100%) but no ip assigned.

It's been a frustrating day!!!!
 Top of the page
13tzameti Page Icon Posted 2009-04-19 5:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi how configurate you wireless lan, you have encrypted lan? you card suport tkip ask because i need one and i dont know this card suport wpa tkip or other wireless security system
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-04-19 6:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need to be using WEP for security, entering the hex pairs not the passphrase.
 Top of the page
kiwa Page Icon Posted 2009-05-27 3:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

so... this can be applicated to the mobile pro 780? because i see a really cheap wpc11
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-27 3:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

In theory, yes, but it's hit-and-miss (ie, it doesn't seem to work consistently with every CE 2.11 or higher device). I recommend that you keep looking for a card - lots of inexpensive 802.11b cards turn up nowadays.
 Top of the page
andy_bez_wandy Page Icon Posted 2009-08-26 5:10 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

tnoftsger - 2009-03-12 12:23 AM

Good news, i got the handheld to recognize the device. Now i can't get the DCHP to give me an IP. I can check link quality (100%) and signal strength (100%) but no ip assigned.

It's been a frustrating day!!!!

problably the problem is log gone .....
but as far as I recall the above situation is possible for not compatible card, I am sorry but most probably you have to look for another one, i.e. another make and/or model
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 13