x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ARM CE razorbook for $119

1 2 3 4
setanta Page Icon Posted 2009-04-22 1:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for that, I didn't realise I could get youtube to work on my 900c! Realplayer is the killer app for me as I listen the BBC alot... these days my 900c mainly acts as a bedside radio.... ;-)
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-04-22 2:45 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Gotcha.
One other option, you can listen to BBC World Service through GS Player as well.
To do that, go here:
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/
and download v2.25 (works on the MP900 for sure, it may be v2.29 that works on the Razorbook, I can't remember at the moment but I did get it working on there). Unzip and install the CAB file.
Then go to:
http://www.vpr.net/listen/stream/
and click on the BBC World Service Stream "Stream" button under iTunes/mp3. Save the file to your PC and then copy it to your device (or download it on your device).
Run GS Player and then open the *.pls file you downloaded from vpr.net.

I hope that helps.
 Top of the page
setanta Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok my razorbook 400 ce arrived yesterday and I am very pleased with it. It is not as sophisticated as my 900c, but it the screen is big and the machine is small and light enough to carry around as a useful netbook. I have installed the following:

1) flash 7 (from cmonex site)
2) Softwaker office 2006
3) ftxBrowser
4) Adobe 2.0

I have not been able to install Realplayer as there is no Activesync function. I have also had no luck installing a regedit. I have notice on the 3k site that there is a updated OS image for the machine has anyone had any luck installing it? New desktop icons I add dissapear witha shutdown.

All advice welcome.
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 11:51 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I haven't found a way around the disappearing icons yet.

I did update mine to the new OS image with no problems. I just download the file, followed the enclosed instructions, and got updated without any trouble. I also didn't notice any changes or improvements in performance, but I'm not sure what it updated exactly.

As far as the regedit, you can try this CAB: http://swansonwebdesigns.com/regedit.Jup_ARM.CAB
I have not tried it on the Razorbook, but it may work.

Hope that helps.
 Top of the page
setanta Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No luck with the regedit or the image update (i think it is somethng to do with my SD card). I have started putting new desktop icons into the MyDOCs folder, it keeps them between power offs
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 3:26 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

One more thought.

I was able to get Total Commander working on my Razorbook and that has registry editing capabilities.
 Top of the page
setanta Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have no luck installing Total Commander? Are you expereincing the error messages with Windows Media Player whenever you click on the menu bar? It doesn't interrupt the stream but it does pop up a message.
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 9:31 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I haven't run into that with Windows Media Player.

Earlier in this thread is some info about getting Total Commander to work. Really it's just a matter of using the CAB editing software to change the CAB info to install on all devices instead of just ARM devices.

Hope that helps.
 Top of the page
setanta Page Icon Posted 2009-04-30 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cheers I got the cab manager and was able to install a reg editor.
 Top of the page
setanta Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 1:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Help I have bricked my Razorbook! Ok the only solution seems to be to perform the WinCE image update, however everytime I try to write the image to the sd card (with tools supplied by 3k ) i get the following error 'Write signal sector .... Failed". How did you create your image SD card? My setup is Vista and my card is 1 gig

Cheers

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 3:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I ran into a similar problem. I sent mine to 3K, and they just got it. I'm waiting to see what they tell me after checking it out.
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 12:17 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hmmm. I did mine under Windows XP. I think I formatted the card FAT and not FAT32.

The exe file ran fine on mine, although none of the lettering on the software showed on my computer (just boxes).

Interesting, I'm trying to run it now to double check what I did and it is erroring out without completing. Of course, I don't know what the error message is, it's just boxes too.

I'll try again from home just to double check.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 3:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

IIRC, I formatted the SD card to FAT as well before I copied the ROM image to it, so I don't think that's the issue.
 Top of the page
setanta Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 9:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Problems solved!!!! OK the cause of the bricking of my razorbook was me installing something that I shouldn't (I dont know what). I downloaded the system image from the razorbook site but couldn't transfer it to SD card. This turned out to be a Vista issue.....but guess what my old XP laptop has no SD card reader. So one trip to RadioShack later I have a card reader for my XP laptop and I am able to transfer the image file to the SD card. I rebooted the razorbook , it updated, but it was still crashing, obviously whatever I had installed hadn't been removed.

As you know the razorbook is just one version of a generic machine from China, I checked some of the other brands to see if I could find an alternaive restore image. Luckily I found one, a version from the Netherlands called the Prometium_NB30, the download files can be got at http://rscservice.com/. This image installed and it erased the offending program. Now I had a working Razorbook, but with everthing in Dutch. I can't speek Dutch (at least I think that is what is was) so it was back to original razorbook image update, and back to a working RazorBook 400.

I hope this will be of help to anyone who finds themselves in similar situation.

PS: the razorbook update doesn't solve the disappearing desktop icons issue, however I think the Prometium_NB30 rom image may do it.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-05-01 10:08 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

setanta - 2009-05-01 9:10 PM

Luckily I found one, a version from the Netherlands called the Prometium_NB30, the download files can be got at http://rscservice.com/

Are the Softmaker Office links on that site actually links to the full version of the software?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11