x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

kjr Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 3:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello! I am trying to "ressurect" my Z50. I have it working fine and have gotten most of the software and a flash card working fine. My question that I need help with is: How do I get on to websites that have the higher security ratings? I get a "unable to connect". All the reading I did shows that I need to upgrade the browser to 128 bit encyrption. I have found and downloaded the file. But where do I put it? Or how do I load it? I have a Z50, Windows CE 2.11 core and PIE 3.0. Thanks for your help! kjr
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 11:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

KJR, welcome to the forum.

The 128-bit SSL Update is abailable in the download section of this site.

Connect your z50 to your PC via Microsoft ActiveSync (3.7.1 recommended), double click the .exe file and the installer will sort the rest out. It is a host installer.

There are overviews of the Host install in the support section, as well as manual installation and cab installation.
 Top of the page
kjr
kjr Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 1:44 PM
#
C-Amie,

Thank you! Thank you! I feel like a moron, 'cause I found the encryption update on Mcirosoft but it did not have the .exe command. So I upacked it and tried to figure out which cab to use but apparently didn't get the right one. You would think Microsoft with have the .exe one? This time I did a restore, reset, then ran the file you directed me to, then another soft reset and Schazam! I am online w \128! Thank you again! kjr
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9