x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM cooking PNA Plenio VXA-3000/VXA-2100

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Frozen
transalp
transalp Page Icon Posted 2009-07-01 12:05 PM
#
phowarth - 2009-05-25 11:13 PM

So far I have

1. installed Ozi - works fine and you don't need a custom rom

Can you tell me how you did this?

I have got it working, but only on trial version

I can not register the copy as I do not seam to get a keyboard to work..

I have tryed miotool and jotkbd, but none did the job..
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2009-07-01 10:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

There is a mortscript that can type your name and serial for you. Google mortscript and ozi.

Here is the script.

#OZI CE start

regName = "your name"
regKey = "your key"

WindowTitle="Insert Registration Code"
EngWindowTitle="Enter Registration Code"
OKWindow="OziExplorer"

ozipath = "\SD CARD\Oziexplorer 2\OziExplorerCE.exe"

nLoops = 200

Run(ozipath )

#WaitFor(WindowTitle, 5) #returns timeout error if not found...
i=0
While ((ActiveWindow() ne WindowTitle AND ActiveWindow() ne EngWindowTitle) && i<nLoops)
Sleep(50)
i=i+1
EndWhile

if (WndActive(WindowTitle)=1 OR WndActive(EngWindowTitle)=1)
actWin = ActiveWindow()
SendKeys(actWin, regName)
SendTab(actWin)
SendKeys(actWin, regKey)
SendCR(actWin)

#WaitFor(OKWindow, 5)
i=0
While (ActiveWindow() ne OKWindow && i<nLoops)
Sleep(50)
i=i+1
EndWhile

if (WndActive(OKWindow)=1)
SendOK(OKWindow)
EndIf
EndIf
 Top of the page
rcfcu
rcfcu Page Icon Posted 2009-07-09 6:41 PM
#
Paul,

Have you looked at the mini-USB connector? The manual says that it is reserved for service, maybe there is a way to access the ROM through the USB port....
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2009-07-13 7:49 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have tried a couple of things but was never successful in getting the port to work. You need to find the correct serial over USB driver to get the port operational. I have tried several drivers and even made a few of my own .ini files to force a serial driver install but no luck.

Paul
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-07-14 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

so do you think I could pick a random NK.bin file laying around (such as the ones referred to in this forum ?)

NO!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-07-14 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

4. installed a custom rom to change the location of documents and destop folders - this brick the unit.

what I don't understand is, why did that brick the unit - weren't you flashing from bootloader mode?
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2009-07-17 7:11 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Unfortunately I have not found a way to access the bootloader. I can see the bootloader start up but there is no way to pull up the bootloader menu. The unit has no soft reset , only a power on and off button.

I even tired leveraging the GPS com port to set up a serial console using the GPS com port but no luck.

Does anyone know how a soft reset is done. Can I pull a memory or cpu pin to GND? This may be a way to get into the bootloader menu.

I have actually bricked a second unit that I picked up off eBay so if I can't get to the bootloader I will have to sacrifice one of the boards to backtrace the JTAG pins. ( I have spent many hours trying to trace the JTAG pins without damaging the board but it is not possible.

Thanks for any help,

Paul

Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2009-07-18 7:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Paul,
it looks like the original coredll.dll is missing many functions, I can't even run some basic utils such as regedit and resinfo (free tools). I think that's how DVS crippled the unit.
I can't seem to be able to replace coredll.dll in the bin, when I try to replace it with binmod I get the following error:

C:\bin>binmod.exe -i nk_new.bin -r coredll.dll 
BinMod V1.0 built Apr  5 2006 11:32:47 

Could not find file 'coredll.dll'
Error: Replacement failed!

And when I try with dumpromx, I get the following error:

C:\bin>dumpromx.exe -v -d coredll.dll -a coredll.dll nk_new.nb0 
img 00000000 : hdr=8d345b60 base=8c200000 commandlineoffset=8c200000
block 1 added buf=00b30020 01147688
ERROR: could not find pointer for ofs 00000000
ERROR: could not find pointer for ofs 8d347688
CECompressv4.dll: No such file or directory
No space to add all files

I seems like coredll.dll is protected somehow and is not 'seen' by the tools.

When I do a full dump of the rom, coredll.dll does get extracted, so I know it's there.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by shpitz461 2009-07-18 7:24 PM
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2009-07-18 10:49 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

You need to use executabilitycheck.exe (you will find it with google) to change the name of the coredll file that the program you are trying to use is loading.

For example.

To get regedit.exe to work

Download a working coredll.dll and rename it to coredll2.dll and then place it in the folder where you have located regedit.exe (again google will provide you will lots of good coredll files.)

open executabilitycheck.exe and then you will be prompted to select the file you want to check, in our case regedit.exe

the program will then check to system for compatibilities and report the coredll.dll problem.

you will then be able to change the version of coredll.dll to the one loaded on the SD card "coredll2.dll"

you will now have a working version of regedit, but it will be pretty useless since the registry is not maintained on a hard boot with the plenio.

ONE LAST CAVEAT.... you can't actually change the file name with executabilitycheck.exe on the Plenio unit because there is no working keyboard.

How did I so you ask?

I used an old ipaq that I had kicking around and edited all of the files that I wanted to use with executabilitycheck.exe on the ipaq first and saved them on an SD card to use with the Plenio.

All that to say the only way to make registry edits is by cooking the ROM which I described how to do that earlier in the thread. I have done it successfully a few times, but in the end bricked 2 units.

I haven't had the time to pull the CPU off one the boards I have to trace out and build the JTAG yet. Once I get to that I will create some new working ROMS (with keyboard I hope!) and posted them for others.

Or if someone can suggest a way to get the system to present the bootloader menu, I will try that.

Cheers,

Paul

Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2009-07-19 9:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks Paul for the reply.
I would still like to replace the dll straight in the nk.bin file, but I will try your suggestion above.
Thanks again,
Shpitz

Edited by shpitz461 2009-07-19 9:24 AM
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2009-08-01 1:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm having trouble using exec-check. When I open a large exe (usually gps navigation apps) exec-check just shows an hourglass and stalls. It never gets to the point where it shows me what's missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2009-08-04 8:06 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Which program are you trying to get working? I may have a patched version already.
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2009-08-04 9:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Garmin, NDrive, Navigon MN7, iGO8.
Does exec-check work for you on the device with no issues? If so, can you upload your version somewhere?
Thanks
 Top of the page
phowarth Page Icon Posted 2009-08-06 8:12 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Of those listed I have only used iGO8 on the VXA-2100 and I did not recall having to patch any of the files.
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2009-08-06 10:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Which specific version? Do you remember?
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 29