x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM cooking PNA Plenio VXA-3000/VXA-2100

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 5:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Was anyone able to install MioPocket on it?

For the life of me I can't get most programs to work, not even executability check, it will just show an hourglass when I run it on an exe.

I tried Garmin, latest iGO, etc...

The only software I can run with no modification is Sygic, but it is not as good as Garmin or iGO.

I always get 'not an wince application' error, I can't do any dll mods, nothing...

Anyone had any luck with any of these?

Thanks
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 7:27 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

shpiyz,
I can't get any of those program to run either, get the same error. Try depends though, it is a lot better than trying to use exec check. Only thing I have got to work is igo 8 (older version). Would love to get garmin to work as it is what I use on my x50v and Garmin has lots of custom map options. Only other thing I got to run was oziexplorer, the older version. I did get Miopocket installed though with no problem, though most the programs needed tweaked to run. I think the main problem with getting Garmin and the newer Igo to work is the skin res. Would love to get a wince 5 or 6 rom cooked for this device. Been playing with platform builder, but want to be able to have the jtag straightened out before I mess with any rom burns.
Goat
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 8:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

goat - 2010-04-05 2:27 PM

shpiyz,
I can't get any of those program to run either, get the same error. Try depends though, it is a lot better than trying to use exec check. Only thing I have got to work is igo 8 (older version). Would love to get garmin to work as it is what I use on my x50v and Garmin has lots of custom map options. Only other thing I got to run was oziexplorer, the older version. I did get Miopocket installed though with no problem, though most the programs needed tweaked to run. I think the main problem with getting Garmin and the newer Igo to work is the skin res. Would love to get a wince 5 or 6 rom cooked for this device. Been playing with platform builder, but want to be able to have the jtag straightened out before I mess with any rom burns.
Goat

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's not a resolution thing since these apps don't even launch, and as far as I know, garmin handles the res automatically so it should work right away.

I think one of the main issues with the VXA3000 is that it doesn't have a battery, and I know GPS apps interact with battery functions, so maybe that's why...

What is that 'depends' app you're referring to?

Thanks
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 8:31 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Depends is a win32 program that is in the miopocket installation (program\win32). Or you can dl it from the net. It runs on xp (or such) and does the same thing exec check does but much better. All I know is that I got the same error under Igo 8 ('not an wince application' before I found the right skin for it to work, and once I did it booted right nice. Got the same errors with other programs that were missing something to run that don't show up in exec check too.
Goat
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 8:32 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Depends is a win32 program that is in the miopocket installation (program\win32). Or you can dl it from the net. It runs on xp (or such) and does the same thing exec check does but much better. All I know is that I got the same error under Igo 8 (not an wince application) before I found the right skin for it to work, and once I did it booted right nice. Got the same errors with other programs that were missing something to run that don't show up in exec check too.
Goat

Edited by goat 2010-04-05 8:33 PM
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-06 1:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

goat - 2010-04-05 3:32 PM

Depends is a win32 program that is in the miopocket installation (program\win32).

Thanks m8, I'll give that a shot.
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-06 6:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK, I dumped the nk.bin file per the instructions in the 1st post.

I then ran Dependency Walker on execcheck and this is what I got:

I don't get it, why the original DLL's from the bin file say they are for R4000 CPU?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by shpitz461 2010-04-06 6:54 AM
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-06 7:24 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Whatever you used to convert or dump them to file with (after you converted it to nb0 file) was the wrong utility. I had that happen the first one that I did too. Though in my case it flagged them as mips.
Try this one. http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0h28he/n/dumprom.exe
Goat
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-06 6:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Whatever you used to convert or dump them to file with (after you converted it to nb0 file) was the wrong utility. I had that happen the first one that I did too. Though in my case it flagged them as mips

As always, Goat to the rescue!

Thanks m8, I tested with your file and it works!
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-08 10:52 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

My pleasure shpitz. I figure the more working on this device the better we will do getting it squared away. If you get anything interesting going, let us know. Still no luck with the new Igo, though here is a thread on it in case you haven't seen it. The data file has the 480x234 skins in it too.
http://www.austech.info/gps/33277-ultimate-new-igo8-thread-hollowman-feb-2010-a.html
Goat

Edited by goat 2010-04-08 10:54 PM
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 3:15 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

shpitz461 - 2010-04-05 5:54 PM

OK, I dumped the nk.bin file per the instructions in the 1st post.

Thanks

Hi shpitz461,
can you tell me how many files did you dump from NK.bin
also, what is the CPU speed on this PNA and how much memory.
I have never had this not windows CE application, maybe you've
installed PC version on your device, because there is iGO8 for PC.
The reason I'm asking, how many files you've got dumped
is that many of this Chinese devices have got windows
stripped to bare minimum, and they cannot run anything.
If you have got more than 200 files it would be OK.
The MioPocket issue - originally developed to run
on MIO devices, it did semi-brick so many devices
so if you don't know what you are doing, stay away from it.
The safest way is to use only the Skin from MioAutoRun folder
and small script file, which would replace your existing
file, which runs your interface and than create some shortcuts
to different programs.
If you downloaded latest version of MioPocket look in
MioAutoRun\System\ and look how many files are there,
there is also CE4 folder, check if you have got this files in
your windows folder, if you don't, just copy them
directly to your device, you can also copy the other dll's.
Copy just dll's don't worry about the exe's and others.

Edited by ojejoe 2010-04-11 3:24 PM
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 5:06 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Ojejoe,
Howdy, There are 226 files. But to be clear as you make a good point which I should have clarified better, I have installed Miopocket on this device, though only from sd card. I would absolutely not recommend trying to install it internal. After having played with the device for a while, I can say that it actually does have a pretty good collection of dlls included. The main problem is that it doesn't have a softkey.dll (or msim) and the core.dll is not the best, though not that bad either. It seems like it will do a soft reset, but when you look softkey is still not running as a driver, though miopocket will copy that to windows and it is there. Thanks, Goat
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 6:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, 226 files extracted.
How did you get MioPocket to install? When I rename the setup files to MobileNavigator and tried to do an SD install, but once I click on Navigate in the main shell it just freezes and does nothing.

What I also found strange is the fact that ExecutabilityCheck.exe doesn't work right, if I load an exe with it, it will just show the hourglass and freeze, so I can't use it to modify dll's.
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 7:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Just followed the directions (use the newer ones like 58 or now 59, haven't tried 59, but 58 works well). Also you have to copy the whole MioAutoRun dir not just the dirs under it. That seems to be one of the major problems people have. Make sure you have a cities dir too, as that is required for the org link to work. You will get a couple errors, one form the deice config, which there is no way to stop as of yet, and two because of the battery check from mio, those should be able to be corrected, but I haven't looked into how very far yet. They do not keep mio from running though. You will have to of course tweak dlls. The main one is agyshell, and that is a good one to put in to copy over to windows in memory when the program starts. I could zip my whole install up, but it would be rather hefty as it is really dll heavy from tweaking, and I need to weed a bunch out.
As far as executabilty check goes, it does do that for a lot of files (usually complex programs). I also use it on some of my other pdas to check files instead of trying to use the device, and it works better as you will not be able to rename the dlls once you get it to work on the vxa, at least not very easy, and you can on another device. The problems with execheck is well known across devices, which is why I suggested depends. Remember to write back about any progress you might have. : ) Goat

Edited by goat 2010-04-11 7:27 PM
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks!

What do you mean by tweak DLL's? i.e. edit the exe with exec-check on a PDA and change the dll name to coredl3.dll for example? then rename the coredll.dll to coredl3.dll and put it in the same folder where the main app is and try to run it?

Can depends modify exe's?

The only GPS software I can run without any mods is Sygic but the GUI stinks. Garmin and latest iGO won't work.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.267 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11