x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ROM cooking PNA Plenio VXA-3000/VXA-2100

[Frozen]
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 8:53 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

You have to maybe do a little of that, that is renaming dlls, as well as making sure that the program is finding the right dlls (depends works good for this and is much more comprehensive than execheck), which you can then drop into the program's dir. It involves a bit of trial and error, or at least more so before I started using depends. In fact, I think that I may have to rename some more dlls to get some of the other programs (like Garmin) I've been trying to get to work to work. It seems if even the dlls are in the program's dir they will ignore those and go for the system dlls instead, so renaming them should work and allow them to find them first and only in the program's dir. I did get the older IGO8 to work pretty easy, and the maps for it, at least here, are pretty new, 06-09.

Another thing that helps is to dl all the dll packs and try different ones. http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php. There are a few other packs out there too, but these are the main ones you need. I unzipped the ones you need most and put them on the sd card so I can copy them to a dir pretty easy for testing purposes on a program. Main ones being core.dll and agyshell. With depends too, it makes it easier to put the dump on the card and point depends to it as well. Also the mio system folders, though start with the dump first for depends to look in for dlls (you can change the order around and save configs too, though you probably already figured that out).

No, depends will not rename dlls for you in a file, the only thing I have found to do that is execheck, or you can edit it with a hex editor (fun fun), that is why I said I use another pda to do it with execheck. Goat

Edited by goat 2010-04-11 9:01 PM
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 12:36 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks Goat, the link you provided doesn't work, but this one does: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

I'm still trying to get the GPS apps to work, no love so far.
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 2:22 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Sorry about the link, that was the one in the addy bar. Goat
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 4:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

goat - 2010-04-12 3:22 AM

Sorry about the link, that was the one in the addy bar. Goat

that's the old page. please update your bookmarks and use the new one.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 4:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Your ears must've been burning, cmonex. Nice to hear from you again.
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 5:22 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I just had the feeling I should have opened the frame and used that addy, should have listened to my intuition. Thanks for all the great work Cmonex. Goat
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-13 11:15 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Seems the big keys program dl went off to file hell (I think you only get 10 dl per file on that site, which I didn't know when I upped it), so I uploaded it again to here.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W93T40A6
Should stick around a bit longer I think.
Goat
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-13 11:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

And here is the mdict program working, that is the right output shows up. Tested so on the vxa3000. Drop into the original dir in miopocket or perhaps anywhere you like if mio isn't installed.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BNO8I1NR The other hasn't very many dl to go. Will upload the others files if needed or requested. Goat
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-14 4:37 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

162 and 164 roms for the vxa3000.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5DQ43BXB
Goat
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-14 4:51 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Rom tools for the VXA3000 and other arm cpu devices with directions.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0K5DO8S
Goat
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-14 3:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks Goat.

The new Sygic 8.06 works on the 3000 with no mods, all I had to do is install it on my pda and then copy the folder structure to the VXA, works right away.

Still no luck with Garmin nor iGO.
 Top of the page
ojejoe Page Icon Posted 2010-04-14 4:43 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

goat - 2010-04-13 3:51 PM

Rom tools for the VXA3000 and other arm cpu devices with directions.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0K5DO8S
Goat

Sorry for interrupting again.
Are you sugesting that someone should add all the dll's directly to NK.bin?
There is this manual on hpcmonex.net, how to add files to the bin, I added them
few times but on CE 5.0.
I am not sure if DiskRW.exe would work on your devices to dump the flash disk
image, or maybe there is MSFlash, with just the NAND on it.
Latter on you could recreate your own firmware.
Here is link to b000ff.exe, which can convert .nb0 to .bin:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/get-attachment.asp?attachmentid=2836
 Top of the page
shpitz461 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-14 5:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ojejoe, which manual are you referring to? can you provide a link?

Have you done any bin modding on the vxa3000?
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-14 7:05 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

ojejoe, no, I was not suggesting anything by posting those tools. sjpitz462 had had trouble dumping a nb0 to files because he had a hold of the wrong tool (it dumped the files to the wrong cpu type, and I had the same trouble the first time too), so I was just posting the tools, rather than just the one tool as I did before, so others would have the right tools. The other site doesn't retain files very long.
On the other hand, I have suggested that it would be nice to at least have softkey.dll and msim.dll in rom so that we could have a sip keyboard working. I'm not willing myself to repeat bricking any of my units as others have till I do a post mortem on a dead one I already have to figure out the jtag. Would like to add a soft reset and battery mod, as well the other pin outs for connectors, as there should be some more ports there and to figure out the power problem these units have. Might even try increasing the ram. I picked up four of these units for cheap after the first dead one I bought making the total five. Of the four, two work pretty well, one the sd card slot needs replaced, and one is stuck on the game screen, but they all power on. My ultimate goal is however to cook a newer rom for WM6. Getting 4 working units for $50 was much cheaper than buying a mini2440 to "play" with, though I did buy the first dead unit to use the lcd with a mini2440, but figured once I had them I might as well save my money for the time and use what I already have, rather then buy a mini2440. As soon as it warms a bit in the work shop with the day, I will start the post mortem on the dead unit I have. Looks like it will be rather nice here tomorrow. Regards, Goat
 Top of the page
goat Page Icon Posted 2010-04-14 7:10 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thank you sjpitz462, I'll give sygic a look. Goat
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11