x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How to disable touchscreen wakeup on Hitachi ePlate?

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-04-22 1:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Having succeeded in re-celling the battery pack in my HPW-600ETM (it takes four of these cells in case anyone needs to know, and runs for at least eight hours on a full charge since I replaced them), I've gone to work seeing what I can do with this cute little tablet. One thing I learned quickly is that touchscreen wakeup seems to be enabled by default (ie, the device wakes up any time you tap on the screen) - so it's constantly turning on every time anything touches the screen, and while I haven't yet located a suitable carrying case for it, I expect to have the same problem while it's stowed there.

Some other H/PCs (eg, the Jornada series) have Control Panel controls to enable/disable this, but I don't see any such thing on the ePlate. I assume there's a registry key to disable this setting, but I haven't found it. Nor does SmallTweak provide any such control. I can't believe that Hitachi intended for this feature to be permanently enabled. Am I wrong?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-04-22 5:25 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Export the whole registry with any editor and put it here please. The solution may be there.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 5:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Eureka! It's in the registry all right. I looked deeper into the registry and found the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/OEM/InhibitTouchOn, with the value set to 0. I changed the value to 1, soft reset, and voila! Touch wakeup disabled.

Little complication, though: with this setting disabled, the device also doesn't wake up when you touch the Power hard icon on the top. Turns out the Voice Recorder button on the lower right side of the unit turns the device on without opening Voice Recorder if you just press and release immediately. (Holding it in for a full second opens the Voice Recorder.)

Weird, though, that there's no Control Panel applet for this on this device, though. Maybe I should write up a CESD on this.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-22 3:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8