x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

C++ Compiler And/or IDE for CE.NET 4.2

Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-05-02 5:36 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Now that I have upgraded my OS, My newbiness needs a little more help. I can't find any good C++ Compilers/IDEs and know that some of you must be programmers. Just in case, I am also looking for a jave runtime for the same OS.

SIZE ISN'T A PROBLEM AS LONG AS IT CAN RUN ON A CF CARD.
I have a MP900 so arm/xscale will do. Please find cabs or archives, I have no host pc.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2009-05-02 5:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

While you might not have a "host" PC, if you have a machine that can run ActiveSync, the cabs are generated on that machine. You can then copy the cab from the machine to your CF card or USB drive.

There was a thread in the last few weeks about running a DOS emulation and then running abandonware C++ . I wasn't paying much attention, but there might also have been a CE native (for pay) C++ discussed.
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-05-02 5:46 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I am looking for something free. And true, I can transport files.
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-05-02 9:16 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Oh, and also, The Development Enviorment and the Compiler don't need to be in the same program.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-03 8:25 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Heh, is something wrong with the pgcc that I already mentioned for the compiler? It works quite well. In fact, I think it is the only real C/C++ compiler available for on-device development. Pocket C is not really C, if I recall, and it's not free either.

CEdit is the only "programmer's editor" I know of for Windows CE, but it is not free. But that is often the case with CE software, if it does exist, it isn't free. Here is the only free code editor I found, and it looks like it is incomplete: http://www.onhiatus.com/Software/Rover.html

Programming directly on the device is just not a very common thing, it seems to me. Especially since Pocket PC's have taken over, nobody is going to sit there and input code on the soft keyboard (or tiny hardware keyboard)... And since HPC users usually get the scraps from the Windows Mobile users, it means we don't have much available.

Edited by isotherm 2009-05-03 8:29 AM
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-05-03 9:01 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Id didn't know that PGCC would still work on the new OS, so thanks for telling me it will. And also thanks for the editor. I am surprised that a full IDE hasn't been made for an hpc.
 Top of the page
Blazemann Page Icon Posted 2009-05-03 2:43 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

That incomplete editor also requires the purchase of Pocket C, so it can't be used. Any others?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10