x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Announcement: HPC:Factor and MobileCubed H-Bomb Freeware Edition

1 2
JulioAngelOrtiz Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 9:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Julio here. I'm very glad about the positive response this has received. When I decided it was time to close up Mobilecubed for the foreseeable future, Chris and HPCFactor.com were the first places I thought of for releasing some of the old "chestnuts", and maybe a few unreleased items (like that Lingo clone Henry tested for me). Who knows what could happen in the future. I'll be in touch with Chris.

Just to clarify a few points:

- H-Bomb 1.5.5 couldn't be ported down to HPC because it used an open source HTML viewer control. I tried re-compiling it to the HPC platform and got all kinds of errors. I'm rather crap at C++ so I didn't know where to start.

There *is* a version of it on my hard drive somewhere that I started re-writing from the ground up in NS/Basic, using a rich edit control and having the PPC tabbed interface. I was having some issues with the way text handled in the rich edit control (which was freeware) and the project eventually fell by the way side.

Hmmm.. *Makes note to dig out NS/Basic CD*

- Development isn't dead for H-Bomb, it's just *mostly* dead. ;-) For right now, there'll be no new updates, unless I get around to it. That's not to say there never will be an 800x600 version. The problem with something like is how do we test it and distribute test builds? I'd need to work with Chris on that. If he's game, and we can work out a good system, I'm certainly open to it.

- A beer fund... hmm, never thought of that. I appreciate the thought. There is no obligation- this program is freeware. But I won't begrudge anyone. Who knows where it'll lead... julioangelortiz@yahoo.com

Enjoy H-Bomb, and if anyone finds any bugs or has any requests, feel free to post them and I'll see what I can do. No guarantees, of course.

Top of the page Quote Reply
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 11:07 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,

Maybe this isn't the right thread/forum for this, but I guess it can be moved later.

I tried running the H-bomb setup program, and I keep getting an "Error Writing to Setup directory" message right after selecting the install path, and the installer stops. Tried different directories and even different drives on my machine - same results. Any thoughts?
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 6:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

btrimmer,

What Windows version are you running, and are you logged in with Admin privilages?

It's trying to write to
C:\Program Files\MobileCubed\H-Bomb\<platform>\
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 4:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I have the same problem with the HPC Pro download, it creates the folders and subdirectories fine on my hard drive, but then it errors out...so you are not alone. The HPC 2000 version downloads and installs fine.

Rich
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 5:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK, I got it.

It was trying to wrote an oblique into the registry and for some reason it's now decided it didn't like it.

I've re-imaged both of the HPC Pro installers. Download once again.
Dave Wurm
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2005-06-22 12:59 PM
#
Hi,
I also am grateful to see the continued availability of H-bomb HTML editor as freeware.

I downloaded and installed v.1.3 on my Jornada 720 (strongarm, HPC 2000 v.3.0).
It works for the most part. However, I ran into a few glitches. For example:

- Under Tools, the create Email Link, brings up an error message, does not work, and the box cannot be closed (without a soft reset).

- Under Tools, the create Tables box seems to function, but cannot be closed (without a soft reset).

Also, the HTML tags are generated in upper case. Is there a way to change this to lower case?

Thanks,
Dave Wurm
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9