x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Synch problems with MPC880

RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2009-05-05 3:41 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Till recently the unit was Sync'ing ok (880 serial port, cable connected to XP desktop USB via a serial/USB adaptor). What happens now is ...

The PC detects the unit - giving the 'Not connected' message on the desktop whilst the 880 shows 'Connecting to Serial Port' and runs through attempting each port in turn.

I've repeatedly tried the obvious things ... deticking/reticking the Connection Settings / running connect now/ rebooting & every combination thereof.

Any suggestions??
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-05-05 3:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

uninstall the serial port in device manger on the PC, set the baud rate to a low setting on the H/PC until you're up and running.
 Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2009-05-05 4:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks. I tried your advice and it looked promising ... on coonecting the device, up came 'USB device connected ... installing software ... your device successfully installed' messages. Unfortunately the problem remains ... still remains 'unconnected' and unable to sync, despite the 'Connecting to serial port' message automatically coming up (on the HPC) when I click 'connect' from the PC.
This problem rings a bell, I'm sure I had something similar years back and seem to recall an unexplained 'miraculous cure'.
 Top of the page
RJ99 Page Icon Posted 2009-05-05 6:16 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I eventually gave up & went off to do something else. Just looked again and all is fine - syched and synching merrily. Clearly I have a negative force field; I know what to do in future 'when the devioces won't talk, take a walk!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-05 9:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's possible you have a faulty USB connection, either at the USB port on the PC or in the USB adapter cable. If the problem recurs, you might try substituting another USB adapter cable.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9