x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mr.JT Page Icon Posted 2009-05-06 2:16 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi,

Just wondered what wifi cards people are using (with netbook pro) that support WPA security? I am using a Cisco aironet 350 and this only supports WEP - not great these days!

Cheers

JT
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-05-06 2:21 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I use the Symbol LA-4137 in mine. It is a CF card and is pretty low power consumption. It is also WPA compatible. I got mine off eBay for about $14.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2012-03-29 10:59 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

snappyjaw - 2009-05-06 9:21 AM

I use the Symbol LA-4137 in mine. It is a CF card and is pretty low power consumption. It is also WPA compatible. I got mine off eBay for about $14.

I trust you that card works with wpa security but I just wonder if there is a particular model of LA-4137 because on Symbol site on card specs it is only mentioned wep encryption. Somehow, on ebay are different Symbol card e.g. LA-4137-1020 or LA-4137-1002.

If you can be more precise so I can choose the one I want to buy for my Netbook Pro.

Are there other WiFi cards wpa capable?
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2012-03-30 12:57 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

There's a little more info and drivers in the Hardware compatibility List here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/detail.asp?hcdid=702&pn=1&mstrcat=12&s...

Also, here's an install guide from the symbol site:
http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=k...

I do not still have the card, so I can't say for sure, but I'm fairly certain the one I had was the LA-4137-1002. I did a little Googling and can't find the difference between the two models.

Hope that helps.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10