x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Gaz Page Icon Posted 2009-05-10 2:38 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Seeing as PocketC for CE is no longer being supported........has anyone got a copy of PocketC for HPC2000 (ARM) they can let me have????

I did purchase it quite a while back when I had an old machine but sold it with the machine.
I should of kept a copy because I still have the keycode written down from the old purchase.
I quite liked PocketC. I got quite into it.

Gaz
 Top of the page
Gaz Page Icon Posted 2009-05-11 4:57 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

........bit naughty I know. I shouldn't of asked.

I'm gonna purchase some coding software I think.

I like tinkering with code on the move when I have a quiet moment.

Gaz.
 Top of the page
Gaz Page Icon Posted 2009-05-12 5:31 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Can any of you recommend any coding software for use on the move??
I'm more of a recreational coder really just trying to keep my brain ticking over!!

I come from being a schoolboy and using BBC Basic. I've tinkered with VB and C also.
NSBasic seems a little expensive for where I am at the moment. I've used PocketC before on a J720 and did some interesting things with it. Seems quite reasonably priced too but I'm worried about it not being supported by Orbworks anymore.
Do the download purchases still work okay with it??

Are there anymore portable coding IDE's that work on the J720 that I've missed perhaps??

Lastly......the MS eVB and eVC SDK's. Do they only work on PC's for development or do they work on the J720?

Gaz
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-05-12 6:56 AM
#
H/PC Elite

eVB and eVC only work on PC. As has been recommended in another thread, pgcc is a free port of gcc and can be used directly on the device to program in C and C++, but it does not include an IDE, so you must either find one (CEdit, payware) or learn how to develop without one.
 Top of the page
Gaz Page Icon Posted 2009-05-12 3:56 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks for that Isotherm.

I'll take a look at the older threads also. I didn't mean to be lazy, I just forgot to look to see if it had been discussed.
I'd be happy with a simple editor. I remember doing things in DOS and installing Windows 3.1 on floppy discs!

Gaz
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-05-12 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Gaz - 2009-05-12 5:31 AM

I've used PocketC before on a J720 and did some interesting things with it. Seems quite reasonably priced too but I'm worried about it not being supported by Orbworks anymore.

According to the orbworks PockketC CE page, "NOTE: PocketC for Windows CE is no longer being supported or maintained." That includes even the PocketPC version.

Edited by mscdex 2009-05-12 5:25 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10