x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Handheld Underground

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 7:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Did I miss something...or is the server just temporarily off-line? Seems it been down for a while now.

Rich
 Top of the page Quote Reply
lextre Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 7:11 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I think they must be having server problems as I visited the site a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. There's no holding page or announcement so I think it must just be a temporary outage.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 10:48 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2005-06-05 7:06 AM

Did I miss something...or is the server just temporarily off-line? Seems it been down for a while now.

Rich

Rich

Hate to be sarcastic but, does it really matter? Beside getting the website up and running, nothings been added or changed on that site for many months.
Geez, the site owner doesn't even respond to emails!!

I'm sure the intentions were good when the site was started, but if they are no longer participating in the H/PC community - what's the point?

This just my opinion - I realize and respect the fact that not everyone feeling the same way about this subject.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 10:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I know the site was put on the back burner...but I just hate to see anything HPC vanish permanently....

I predict we'll see some of the HPC sites eventually go the way of the Toshiba Libretto...inactive and for information only....which is really okay as they serve a purpose, but still the potential of what could have been realized and never was....

I cannot think of anything better for students than an HPC, but the silly manufacturers just priced themselves out of existence in what could have been a coupe for Windows CE devices.

Oh well, time to get off the soapbox....I know everyone else has already stood there....

Rich
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 11:03 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Hurricane John: i don't agree..
i'm sure they had lots of useful information, etc, so even if development's ceased, it's worth to leave the site online. though i see they thought otherwise i really hope it's only for temporarily..

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-05 11:05 AM
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 12:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex - 2005-06-05 9:03 AM

Hurricane John: i don't agree..
i'm sure they had lots of useful information, etc, so even if development's ceased, it's worth to leave the site online. though i see they thought otherwise i really hope it's only for temporarily..

Yes ... like spurring *new* users of old technology HPCs (or Libretto for that matter) to mod their screens into transflective LCDs!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-05 3:26 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We'll always find a place of content from other sites if asked - say their free hosting accounts being suspended, they've given up with it etc.

Just has to be generally useful content mind
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 7:34 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

When last seen, they were headed "Underground" carrying the latest and greatest Peddle PC.

Edited by Hurricane John 2005-06-06 7:35 AM
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 9:24 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hurricane John - 2005-06-06 5:34 AM

When last seen, they were headed "Underground" carrying the latest and greatest Peddle PC.

hmmm ... I sense a disturbance in the force!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 10:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

HU is now back up and running.
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 11:09 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2005-06-08 10:56 AM

HU is now back up and running.

Darn.......just when I'd removed it from my favorites (favourites) folder!
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 12:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow! so happy to hear that..
Tari Akpodiete Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello everyone, had a lot of stuff - work/lack of work/personal/health - going on in the last 6 months or so, and i haven't had a chance to do much with any of my sites, not HHU or PRFX or BR, pretty much nothing. i know that some people have been disappointed including those whose logos i was supposed to post, and i hope to be able to get back on track in the next 2 to 4 weeks. in fact, i missed the server going down at first. anyway, i've got a big update coming, hopefully in the next few weeks. thanks for your patience and support.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 27