x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP hot keys: can we switch to the running application?

patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-05-19 6:40 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hello,

I am running pocket plan, and it is running my file project data for this program. I set it up to be called with hp hot key.

Each time I click on my HP hot keys, the jornada starts again a new window with the project data file.

Can it activate my running project, that is in the background?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-05-19 7:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

if you run the pocket plan exe itself using without hotkeys, will it again start a new window?

in this case it has to be patched to only switch to the running one.

but another, easy way: use alt+tab or alt+esc to switch between tasks

and there is a neat taskmanager thing in powertoys or plus for ce3 that can redefine alt+tab to be like the one in XP. (instead of showing a window of task lists, it'll show you all the running app icons and cycle between them. alt+esc is same cycling but won't show them)

Edited by cmonex 2009-05-19 7:48 AM
 Top of the page
Adanroj Page Icon Posted 2019-12-12 12:14 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

To clarify cmonex's post, to get alt+tab redefined in CE 3.0 to function like in XP, you will NOT find it in Powertoys, but in Plus! for CE3. Program Switcher is the component of Plus! for CE3 that does the trick.

Excerpted from the Plus! for CE3 Readme

Program Switcher 
---------------- 

Using the Program Switcher, you can quickly switch from one program to another. After you install this program, reset your Handheld PC.

To use Program Switcher
- Press ALT+TAB to display the Program Switcher window.
- While holding down the ALT key, press the TAB key to switch to the next program. Release all keys to display the selected program, or press the ESC key to cancel the selection.

Note: While holding down the ALT key, press SHIFT+TAB to move to the previous program.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9