x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Trouble with CF Cards

brew27
brew27 Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 6:48 PM
#
I have an HP Jornada 720. I am having trouble with my CF card. It is a PNY 256mb CF card and when I put it in my Jornada's CF card slot and turn it on it comes up and says "Unidentified PCCard Adapter, Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard: Driver Name UnknowCard in Socket 2"

Can anyone help me with this? I desperately need to be able to use CF cards...

Thanks for any help in advance...

Bruce
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 7:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

the correct driver name here is
atadisk.dll

usually when a CF card stops working it means that there has been a corruption of the registry / ram sector(s)
 Top of the page
brew27
brew27 Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 7:09 PM
#
I had been using it in my Toshiba e740.... is that why? Do I need to reformat the card.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 7:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No

It's down to a corruption on the device. If it still works in the Toshiba it will still work in the Jornada.

It is a device issue.
 Top of the page
brew27
brew27 Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 7:18 PM
#
Anything I can do? If it's a reg problem I should be able to fix that, no? I guess if its a RAM thing then that might be more of a problem...?

COuld this be caused by the backup battery being dead? I haven't been able to get a replacment yet...

Edited by brew27 2004-10-27 7:23 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 7:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If your device has had a low power incident then you could have had some ram issues.

The fastest way to fix it if it is an option is to try hard resetting.

With any luck if it is a software problem it will sort itself out.
I do recommend if you can that you try a different CF card / the CF card in a PCMCIA adapter. Just to be sure before you hard reset that the issue is not with the actual CF slot.

If you have an ActiveSync backup you can restore from it and that should fix the registry.
 Top of the page
brew27
brew27 Page Icon Posted 2004-10-27 8:00 PM
#
I tried a hard reset, no avail there.... I don't have a back up of this, I just got it unfortunately...

Do you know where the atadisk.dll file is supposed to be? I don't see it anywhere on the device? Is there a way I can restore to the factory?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-28 9:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Bruce,

If you hard reset your device (removed the AC, main batt and coin cell for 20 minutes) then the device was reset to factory defaults.

atadisk.dll is a super hidden file under \windows. You will not be able to see the file in explorer, but trust me. It is there.

If a full hard reset hasn't fixed it then as I said above you're looking at a hardware issue, probably with the CF slot. Please look into trying some of my other suggestions.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 25