x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 728 - HPC 2000 Soft Reset and Volume Control Issues

alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 4:42 AM
#
Guys,

I've been experiencing these problems since I've gotten my 728.

Issue 1

The volume control on Windows Media Player/WinAmpaq just decides to not function after awhile. You can only turn the sound off, or it come back at whatever volume it was before.

Also, is there anyway to get the hardwired WMP buttons on the front to work with WinAmpaq?

Issue 2

In order to clear the above, I need to do a soft reset. Almost everytime a soft reset is done, my wallpaper disappears.

These aren't nagging issues, just inconvenient, but they can be a pain at times, especially the volume control.

Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 7:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Issue one is down to the hp OSD sound profile driver. Basically you either need to use only the sound profiler (Alt + sound recorder) or only the Windows volume slider.

Using both inevitably mutes it. Fix it by hiking the media player volume to max and going into Volume in Control Panel and juggling the slider about.

Number two. Store the background image in RAM not on a Storage Card. CE loads the ATA driver after it draws the wallpaper, hence the issue.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2005-06-06 10:11 AM
#
Amie,

Thanks mate. Appreciate the quick reply, as always.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.14 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8